The Global Business Director (GBD) is a strategic relationship manager who leads, develops and executes the global account strategy for major clients. The GBD maximizes financial and strategic value and aligns short term needs to longer term business strategies.The role requires the incumbent to excel at highly strategic account management as well as tactical execution, cultivating and influencing senior clients and Thomson Reuters executives while also engaging those deep into both organizations.
- Drive strategic engagement and growing commercial relationships with approximately ten designated clients; increase new sales and revenue at each account in accordance with targets.
- Work with the Automotive IPG to define the key value propositions sold by Thomson Reuters into this industry, adding the voice of the customer to the development of the IPG.
- Lead global communication amongst the account teams covering these clients globally; coordinate multi-country deals to ensure maximum value for Thomson Reuters and a well-coordinated customer experience while buying from Thomson Reuters.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with Thomson Reuters; serve as a point of escalation for issues and take a leadership role in problem solving on behalf of the customer.
- Serve as a primary relationship manager for each customer; track and manage existing relationships and develop new ones. Support other executives’ relationships with these clients and ensure that we are bringing to bear the right resources to serve each customer.
- Advocate for clients within Thomson Reuters, and act as a Thomson Reuters ambassador in the client's enterprise.
- Build, deliver and track strategic account plan; forecast, track, report key information, performance indicators.
- Lead a global virtual team across Thomson Reuters; know whom to engage, how to engage them to ensure delivery for client.
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree (MBA, JD/LLB, MA/MS, MEng etc) preferred
- 10+ years’ work experience including sales, business development and managing customer relationships
- 5+ years’ automotive industry experience, strong network in this industry
- Strategic account management skills across multiple sectors / segments; success in direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams, in particular across multiple geographies and business lines
- Track record in multiple business functions, including one or more of: frontline sales, account management, business and sales operations, proposition and product management
- Entrepreneurial spirit; ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to shifting circumstances
- Experience leading complex, strategic negotiations, and delivery on subsequent agreements
- Strong C-suite engagement skills and track record
- Strategic account planning; ability to manage relationships with complex, global accounts
- Proven ability to develop and execute innovative sales strategies
- Customer oriented approach with strong skills in influencing, negotiation, complex problem solving and conflict management
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Global experience: lived in / worked across multiple markets
- Ability to travel as needed for covered accounts and territory
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.