Thomson Reuters is an enterprise business, requiring HR to work together in a cohesive and collaborative manner to drive the strategic people agenda.
The HR Manager implements the US People Function initiatives for a defined client group including; a) acting as a trusted advisor and coach to managers, working with them to develop HR solutions to people related business challenges, leveraging other partners in HR where needed, b) implementing and embedding TR, USPF and business specific HR initiatives, practices and policies and c) driving successful execution of cyclical processes.
In addition to the moderately complex HR support provided to the client group, the HR manager contributes to the enterprise wide HR functional agenda through wider BU or USPF projects and through mentoring other USPF team members.
Major areas of accountability
Act as a trusted advisor and coach to managers, working with them to develop HR solutions to people related business challenges, leveraging other partners in HR where needed.
- In line with business groups demand and needs, deliver support for which the USPF is accountable within core events ( e.g. managing moderate to complex employee relations issues)
- Establish strong relationships and communication channels with key business managers, proactively understand customer needs and prioritize workload accordingly in line with HRBP, Business and USPF direction
- Identify and bring forward specific observations or trends within client group to the HRBP or business manager that could have an impact on business performance or support organizational effectiveness/efficiency or drive change
- In working with managers, independently resolve problems that are not well defined and use interpretive thinking and judgment to identify and deliver the best solution for the business and HR, utilizing the advice and services of broader COE and global HR relationship networks where required
Implement and embed TR, USPF and business specific HR projects and initiatives across client group:
- Implement BU specific projects with client group in line with overall project plan (e.g. RIF’s, organizational restructures)
- Communicate changes to key local or global HR processes, tools, practices and policies to managers within client group
- Seek opportunities to act as a change champion and influence business stakeholders to embed key change initiatives within client group (e.g. values and behaviors)
- Communicate the HR model to client groups so they are clear on who to go to for what HR support
Drive successful execution of HR cyclical processes (Compensation, Performance Management, and Talent) across client group by:
- Partnering with centers of expertise to understand objectives of process and overall timelines and key messages
- Where relevant, contributing to the overall development of the cyclical process implementation and communications plan for the BU
- Reinforcing timeline and centralized resources available to people managers
- Providing coaching, education and guidance to people managers to support processes
- Preparing for and facilitating meetings with groups of managers where these are required to review and discuss input from individual managers and ensure a consistent and aligned outcome (e.g. PAW, Talent Review)
- Complete data-audits as required to support cyclical processes
In addition to providing moderately complex HR support to the client group, the HR manager contributes to the wider HR functional agenda through:
- Mentoring other USPF team members
- Leading projects that are part of the business or USPF HR plans
- Contributing to large scale or global and enterprise projects
- Driving towards improved customer excellence
- Values and Behaviors - demonstrates positive values, role modeling the Company behaviors (trust, partnership, innovation and performance)
- Learning Agility - Learns quickly when facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, and open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement, experiments and will try anything to find solutions, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first- hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services, acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, isn't upset when things are up in the air, doesn't have to finish things before moving on, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Organizational Agility - Knowledgeable about how organizations work, knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network, understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures, understands the cultures of organizations.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years of experience preferred, preferably in a large global organization
- Solid knowledge of a broad range of HR policies and processes impacting the employee lifecycle
- Understanding of HR concepts and theories and experience of application in a number of different contexts and environments
- Strong understanding of different roles within the HR function and how the different groups work together to deliver a high quality customer experience
- Solid presentation skills, research & analysis and business writing experience
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s Degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America;Stamford-Connecticut-United States of America