The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for leading the fulfillment of customer marketing solutions by coordinating all project phases between the client, internal resources and sales & support staff. This includes resource management, schedule attainment and effective customer communication. The Sr. Project Manager is also responsible for driving process improvement projects, mentoring peers, and challenging status quo.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Work with the client to create a project plan containing objectives, timeline, priorities, and risks. Assign work to internal functions from this plan. Maintain this plan daily.
2. Responsible for the on time delivery of all projects. Continually probe for bottlenecks and other potential problems; use influence, resourcefulness and initiative to minimize their effect on the project plan. Make decisions on priority tradeoffs within and between projects, as needed. Address and resolve project conflicts. Manage client expectations to ensure we meet the client’s objectives.
3. Based on metrics established, responsible for overall quality of project. Influence others in project team to provide high level of quality and efficiency, keeping projects on time and delivering a high level of client satisfaction.
4. Responsible for project documentation and maintaining client correspondence. Provide timely updates on all client information.
5. With each project, provide guidance on team decision-making and problem solving. Provide feedback and daily project direction. Work to establish cohesion on your team.
6. Work closely with the Account Managers to ensure the client’s experience during the term of the project bolsters our overall long-term relationship.
7. Work with support groups and identify and improve processes and communication to help the fulfillment of products become more efficient and of a higher quality.
8. Act as a resource and help develop the talent of others through mentoring, sharing best practices, answering questions, providing support, giving feedback and leading by example.
9. Ownership and accountability for the fulfillment of complex customer projects
10. Assist other departments on special projects that are looking for input from the Project Management team.
Self Directed – Problem Solving
Prioritization / Time Management / Process
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.