The Release Manager plans the end-to-end release and coordination of multiple projects into a singular release working with all delivery team members (both internal and external), service transition and deployment teams to ensure successful and quality deliverables, highlighting risks and issues as early as possible.
- Contribute to the release management framework to enable delivery teams to release solutions to the business in support of revenue generation and reduction of expenses
- Chair meetings to communicate the Release schedule, ensuring milestones are adhered, pointing out any parallel activity (environment refreshes), any risks, maintaining up to date individual release schedules as the year progresses (1 Major/1 Minor per quarter)
- Manage Process Awareness sessions – communicating release process and change request lifecycle; communicate any new Service Improvement Program (SIP) initiatives to improve the tools used to track release changes; forum for user base to ask any process related questions
- Chair Change Control Awareness meetings – coordinating/communicating scope changes for all Financial and Risk Releases including determining impact and value to the business
- Produce weekly senior management and business stakeholder release communications – Executive level summary of release status, detailed delivery progress, risks, issues and scope shifts
- Manage the tracking of the Release scope on a daily basis – extract and analyze data from delivery tracking system in order to ensure releases maintain target schedule and to highlight risks and issues as they arise
- Produce reports as required during the delivery cycle (development, quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing)
- Manage the release communications – consolidate/coordinate communications from the various program to deliver to MIS Leadership and business stakeholders
- Manage Fitness for launch of releases ensuring all areas are ready for deployment weekend – Partnering with Program Directors, Project Managers, Service Managers, Business Analysts and Business to coordinate Service Introduction (SI), Technical Implementation Plan (TIP), Deployment, Quality Assurance test results, SOX Compliance, deficiencies and business approval to proceed to Deployment
Minimum Qualifications Skills
- 5-7 years of experience with release management or project/scrum management
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or other related field
- Exposure to and familiarity to Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Must be a strong cross-functional team player with ability to work with others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Release Reporting
- Process Design
- IT Governance and standards (ITIL)
- Release Reporting
- Risk and Issue Management
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America