The role of the Sales Operation Specialist is to provide support to the Business Development (BD) organization on general sales-related matters and procedural issues, along with helping build sales infrastructure/operations frameworks.
- Works with the BD team to optimize the Salesforce.com platform for sales planning and administering business reporting as needed for Finance and Sales management.
- Conducts training for the BD team regarding data entry, pricing, and reporting to ensure Salesforce is being used correctly and consistently.
- Works closely with the Finance team to create repeatable pricing models and streamlined processes for pricing approvals.
- Works closely with the Finance team and serves as a primary resource for the BD team to ensure consistency between the reporting platforms (Finance and Salesforce) to help with things like: submitting commission registers in a timely fashion to finance for approval.
- Completes administrative tasks as directed by BD management.
- Provide logistical support for conferences, meetings, and other events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficient in MS Office and Salesforce.com.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex business issues.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentation).
- Organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and fast paced work environment,
- Ability to troubleshoot and make appropriate decisions based on knowledge of business objectives.
- Confident, helpful, customer-oriented.
- Proven ability to take on multiple projects and see them to completion successfully.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision.
- 1-3 years professional experience.
- Knowledge and experience with procurement listing and tracking tools such as FedBizOps, Deltek or INPUT.
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings, and to customer locations (minimal).
- Able to carry company materials (to include laptop, marketing material, etc.).
- Able to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer.
- Able to use the phone.
More information about Thomson Reuters Special Services can be found on www.TRSSLLC.com.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America