- Serve as a Scrum Master for multiple teams across the program where required
- Assist in overall program/project planning and ensure cross-team dependencies are well-understood and modeled in project plans and timelines
- Identify, document, and publish risks and issues related to the overall program and to define resolution paths where required
- Resolve cross-team impediments and blocking issues
- Collect and consolidate cross-team status for delivery to stakeholders and executive management
- Schedule and conduct meetings and ceremonies in accordance with best practices for Agile/Scrum software development
- Responsible for building team collaboration, commitment towards achieving sprint objectives and viewing team needs above everything else.
- Continuously work to improve team performance and productivity:
- Encourage team accountability, self-organization, and empowerment
- Share common Agile practices
- Promote and support the development team’s automated processes
- Facilitate Retrospectives which generate new ideas for process improvement
- Maintain relevant metrics that guide the development team to more efficient processes in their work and in satisfying their Product Owner and stakeholders
- Maintain effective information radiators that aid transparency and encourage clear communication between the development team, the Product Owner, and stakeholders
- Active participant in the local scrum chapters to share and learn new agile concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a technical or business-related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- A Scrum Master Certification or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in software development and 4 or more in a Scrum Master role.
- Demonstrated 10+ yrs of experience in delivering software products.
- Technical knowledge on C#, .NET technologies, preferred.
- Tax & Accounting experience a plus.
- Experience as a Scrum Master within enterprise scale SDLC environments
- Subject matter expert of Scrum in addition to extensive knowledge of other Agile development approaches and practices
- Experience with TFS and Jira project management tools and implementation of best practices in Agile tools and workflows
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating with development teams, Product Owners, Product Management, and Senior Management.
- Effective facilitation and conflict resolution skills – must be able to facilitate discussion of multiple approaches and drive resolution.
- Effective influencer, able to work upward and across teams to build rapport and partner with others to solve common problems
- High level of personal accountability, as evidenced by their commitment, resilience, ownership, and mindset toward continuous learning.
- Continual improvement - must be constantly growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques, and sharing these within and among teams.
- Assertive – must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, and make the tough calls.
- Ability to facilitate, understand, and contribute to technical discussions
- High motivation and drive to help the program teams excel and deliver based on program timelines
- Understand that their role in the organization is broader than the details included in this particular job description.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work with diverse personality types
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America