Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
- Support financial reporting activities
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) process and associated activities to achieve financial targets and optimal allocation of resources
- Decision Support - support analysis of financial results and business data with goal of enhancing business performance and efficiency
- Review monthly reports from accounting operations in India and communicate any anomalies (where necessary tracking entries on a transactional basis from record to report) which include headcount reports of over 13,000 employees, Pension Cost reports, US Healthcare cost charges, business insurance charges
- Identify headcount movements that impact growth businesses to ensure resources are being deployed to growth businesses
- Periodically review major financial metrics in reporting systems (Tesseract, TROVE, Hyperion) and ensure that data in systems is aligned and report any variances between systems to Systems Management Team to zero out variances if needed
- Collect details on changes to Annual Plan at least 2 times a year collecting details in a form of cost types and by month by each profit center; ensure data is correctly submitted in the system within deadlines set by the Planning Solutions Team & Corporate FPA by reviewing data in planning solution system
- Collect details of historical restatements to be made in SAP BW which feeds management reporting systems by cost types, month and profit center; ensure that sending and receiving parties are in agreement by acting as liaison between parties; ensure that data is correctly submitted to accounting and the COE (center of excellence) team within deadlines
- Review and approve profit center hierarchy and product master hierarchy changes while managing deadlines to submit change request tickets to the Master Data team; ensure employee costs (salaries, expenses) are mapped to respective company codes and cost center
- Participate in user testing exercise for any updates in reporting tools or planning solutions system; review changed data, logic or functionality and report back anomalies to be fixed
- Ensure that currency profiles of annual financial plan are correctly collected in planning solutions system; review/communicate impact to next year’s results and report back if there are anomalies
Position requirements: Master of Business Administration (MBA) plus 2 years experience in a finance function (such as Financial Planning, Corporate Finance) for business-to-business (B2B) information services company, dealing with international operations with overseas revenue & cost streams. Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
- 2 years experience handling a diverse workload within tight time-frames to include working vertically & horizontally throughout an organization;
- 2 years experience with high level, customer-focused analysis & insight with technical accounting & operational tasks;
- 2 years experience with general ledger & planning systems to include Cognos Planning Application, Oracle Hyperion & Proclarity (IBM system);
- 1 year experience as client facing salesperson in banking to understand customer needs, processes & industry developments & demonstrate use of transactional products including Tradeweb & Reuters FXT;
- 1 year of experience as a salesperson in banking responsible for account management activities for institutional customers to include providing market update & trade ideas, indicative pricing from traders & executing live trades;
- 2 years experience reviewing financial related information, including: business case analysis; business & performance trends, & relating this to greater market trends;
- 2 years experience assimilating financial information & summarizing to include identifying key drivers & trends, assessing plan/forecast information for internal consistency & target comparisons;
- 2 years experience with financial & accounting concepts to include management accounting associated ratio analysis, financial statement linkages (e.g. income statement, balance sheet and cash flow) & Long Term Incentive Planning.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Employer: Thomson Reuters Holdings, Inc.
Job Site: 3 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America