Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities: (Specific day-to-day responsibilities and milestones needed to achieve the objectives)
- Program delivery – fully accountable for all aspects of the delivery chain and manages program performance (related to the projects within the Program) throughout execution and identifies opportunities to optimize the execution
- Risk Management - exhibits strong ability to identify and plan resolution of program risk risks
- Program Communication - identifies and manages effectively all stakeholders, provides visibility and transparency so that appropriate action can be taken by senior management accounting for all projects within the Program
- Improving Program performance – Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving the program delivery model by analyzing consistent themes in lessons learned information – accounting for individual project performance to impact the Program
- Problem solving and decision making – sound judgment at a senior management level using assertiveness and influencing skills to demonstrate business benefits and to ensure the decision is fully understood and accepted
- Dependency management - Leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan. Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules
- Financial Management and Project Accounting – application of corporate financial measures to monitor and track financial health, analyzing resource requirements across multiple projects or across programmes to meet strategic goals
- Project Estimation and Planning – prepare and maintain overall plan for large, highly complex projects/programs, ensure program plans are kept up-to-date and adjusted with ongoing project activities and maintaining accurate project forecasts. Appropriately identifies when program/project is "off track" to project plans and takes immediate corrective actions, including adjusting plans to account for corrections. Leads project estimating sessions that span multiple departments and organizations
- Project Gov and Assurance – implement program governance and among internal & external key stakeholders. Work with Program Office to identify improvements in governance and champion the change in order to improve program delivery.
- Program transparency – deliver accurate and timely reporting for in-flight projects and programs
- Stakeholder Management – manage stakeholder relationships and ensure strong communication plans, both within and externally to the group
Key Relationships: (Those key individuals they will work with internally and externally)
- Senior Leadership Team in Finance and Risk Technology Group
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- Product & Content Management
- Program Office
- Business Operations
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and program management colleagues
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.