Reuters Electronic Trading is a comprehensive Foreign Exchange and Money Markets trading solution used internationally by a wide range of investment banking clients.
The Client Service team primarily provides expert technical and functional support for the application and its infrastructure, liaising with investment banks' business & technical staff and working with developers, product managers and internal business owners to provide an exceptional level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Leads analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation and modification of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs.
- The Leads are additionally expected to exhibit strong leadership in many areas including defining/improving standards, mentoring more junior employees and implementation / project management of critical projects.
- Manages and implements external and internal tools and applications
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Assists with research and development of functional specification and system design as directed
- Provides wider feedback as requested
- Researches, analyzes and resolves problems and issues with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
- Develops and implements large or complex projects and solutions
- Works on multiple projects with varying levels of complexity
- Manages own resources in accordance with project schedule
- Generates monthly and quarterly reports for trackable metrics
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the rest of the team and department
- Participates in team and client meetings as requested
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Completes work within department, company, and industry standards, methodologies, and policies
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients
- Assists in establishing new processes and procedures
- Assist in preparing presentations for control owners and management
Scope & Impact
- Typically works on one or more projects at a time as a member of the project team(s), but can also provide support for multiple projects depending upon nature of assignment
- Works on small to large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines
- Impact is within the immediate project team but can be across projects or businesses
- Makes decisions within established guidelines with limited supervision
- Accountable for quality of own work, and possibly some accountability for more junior members of the team
- Accountable for management of own time, and coaching/mentoring more junior team members
- Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards and procedures.
- Works proactively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Drives continual process and quality improvements
- 1-2+ years working in the client services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Basic SQL and Unix experience required
- Ability to analyze logs using XML
- Professional certification in designated field preferred
- Experience in working within a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, and technology driven business environment
- Experience with cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Relationship management
- Project management skills
- Specialist technical knowledge in relevant field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to work as a member of a geographically diverse team
- Knowledge of technology platforms, products, and services
- Conversant with security concepts and techniques
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America