Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. By joining the Thomson Reuters Product Specialist team, you will be enabling the discovery of new financial relationships and strategies.
As a Product Specialist, you thoroughly understand our clients’ and prospective clients’ quantitative or quantamental requirements from data to workflow needs and determine, articulate, construct, and demonstrate the best solution set for the customer and your set of dedicated accounts. You are a platform and content expert who utilizes strong technical skills to build complex data calculations and workflows tailored to the customer’s requirements. Your strong communication skills enable you to convey the benefits, insights, functionality and usability of our solutions. Your deep product knowledge and analysis skills result in your significant contribution to growing our proposition internally through partnership with internal stakeholders to fix issues and develop and test new features.
• Provide direct specialized customer service support to analysts, researchers, and quants at the world's largest and most prominent investment firms, banks and hedge funds
• Assist clients in understanding, extracting and correct usage of Thomson Reuters and third party data from a centralized SQL or Oracle database for their back-testing models
• Troubleshoot, research, code scripts, and answer client inquiries on content and database functionality, and work with internal and external parties including vendors, content specialists, developers and product managers through to resolution
• Build and foster relationships with existing clients through training, client meetings, implementation support, case management and timely assistance in their financial research project and model development needs
• Improve the customer experience by advocating for and testing new product features and promoting increased product usage into the client’s workflow
• Meet with Sales and prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and assist in the onboarding of new business
• Bachelor / Master degree from in Engineering/Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, analytical tools and databases
• Demonstrate knowledge of databases and Microsoft SQL coding experience
• Experience with equity market and data content with good understanding of general financial markets
• Experience in quantitative analytics / equity research / equity or credit risk or financial modeling
• Familiarity with statistics and working knowledge with the econometrical packages like SPSS / Minitab / Stata / SAS / Matlab / R
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel via phone, face-to-face, and in writing
• Ability to give effective presentations and provide ad hoc answers
• Curious mindset with excellent problem solving skills • Ability to travel (< 5%)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.