Responsible for change and problem management, application, and configuration management and production support of strategic web-based applications on Windows, Linux, hosted, and cloud platforms. A considerable understanding of Thomson Reuters business processes, product lines, and internal and external customers is also preferred.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY (40%)
- Work with developers to implement applications into production and construct an on-going support model including release/code and change management for maintaining the strategic environments (i.e. production, QA, etc.). (20%)
- Provide well-written documentation and technical presentations on projects supported by the team. (15%)
- Provide problem management services by utilizing diagnostic and debugging tools to aid in troubleshooting efforts including 24x7 rotating pager support. (15%)
- Coordinate the implementation of application monitoring, establish support documentation, and provide training on products and procedures. (10%)
- Provide developers technical assistance on the architecting, troubleshooting, and performance tuning of the supported environment(s).
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
- Lead project initiatives as requested
- Provide mentoring and training for less experienced staff/new team members
- Provide direction to others within the team
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to group processes and technology solutions, i.e. monitoring standards, change/problem management
- Act as a customer interface between the business and support teams
- Coordinate various projects as requested
- May provide input in the budget process
- Education - Four-year college degree, two-year technical college degree, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and Skills - Work independently on complex tasks with minimal technical and management guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to learn new platforms and technologies with a keen interest in expanding and applying this knowledge as new ones emerge
- Ability to code and script (batch, shell, powershell, vbscript, python, perl, etc.)
- Significant experience with a wide range of IT functions with a strong interest in application support, site reliability, tools, and overall systems configuration
- Strong ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Strong analytical, organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills required
- Strong customer relationship management skills - Independence to acquire and maintain technical skills for professional development
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Organized and creative problem solving skills
- Willingness and enthusiasm to support a variety of applications, crossing multiple platforms, including providing 24x7 pager coverage on a rotating basis
- General knowledge of Thomson Reuters products is preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows Server (multiple versions) and Linux platforms required.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving ability required.
- Working experience of web technologies, browsers and terminology (i.e. HTML, ASP, XML, .net, etc.) preferred
- Understanding of network and database technologies a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.