JOB PURPOSE: To ensure that relevant information is maintained and delivered in an accurate and timely manner for the Japan markets. Japanese language skill is compulsory. Relevant work experience is preferred.
· Process data and apply in an accurate manner to the database using technical and financial knowledge to add value.
· Take responsibility for data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
· Ensure timely and complete resolution of queries from internal and external clients.
· Work effectively within teams or by yourself, be proactive to identify and resolve problems.
· Use available tools to best advantage.
· Test new database/application releases where appropriate, providing expert user feedback.
· Liaise with ETI Content Operations customers and third party suppliers.
· Research new and review existing sources to ensure that quality, timeliness and automation are improved.
· Seek efficiency in work practices to achieve automation.
· Input expertise into projects or ad hoc activities where appropriate.
· Research and analysis of queries at production group level to promote continuous improvement.
· Use appropriate language skills to understand and source financial information.
· Use language skills to build relationships with overseas market contacts.
· Document policies, procedures and work processes. Adhere to current data policies and procedures.
· Communicate with stock exchange through email or phone.
· Need to work during national holiday if Japan market is open. Occasional standby shift for the out of coverage hours may be assigned.
· Very good command of written and spoken English is required.
· High level of proficiency with MS Office applications.
· Advanced Excel, VBA & SQL skills are desirable. Organized and rigorous approach to work.
· A good team player. Self-starter, always ready to take initiative. Proactive attitude to work.
· Ability to drive projects, take initiative & implement process improvements. Interpersonal & communication skills in order to target audiences at all levels- ability to successfully network across a location or global data groups.
· Knowledge of Thomson Reuters services and financial markets would be an advantage but not essential.
· Must demonstrate ability to manage globally dispersed project teams.
· Robust personality, strong in dealing with project conflict.
· Excellent facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills dealing with internal and external groups globally.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.