At Thomson Reuters our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is responsible for ensuring the global availability of critical customer-facing products and services. The SRE Role:
• SREs are engineers with the right mix of knowledge and skills in software (i.e. programming, data structures and algorithms) and systems (i.e. operating software on internal and external infrastructure at scale).
• We constantly evaluate products and services before and after production releases to prevent, identify and fix problems that impact service availability in deploying, configuring, releasing, monitoring, recovering, and scaling.
• We participate in on-call rotations to monitor and support our products and services, taking recovery actions prior to and after disruptions.
• We dedicate at least 50% of our time applying software engineering principles to resolve problems impacting service uptime or our operational efficiency Our SRE Culture:
• To accomplish our mission and continue to build our internal DevOps culture, we embrace and are strong advocates of the CALMS framework.
• We seek to eliminate manual and repetitive operations tasks at every opportunity by exploiting open source tools, contributing to open source projects and building new tools when required.
• We value technical aptitude, innovative thinking and a great learning ability above proficiency with a specific toolset. Core SRE Skills:
• Experienced using software testing frameworks following Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) approaches.
• Experienced automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as puppet, chef and jenkins.
• Expertise in Windows and Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL), web servers (Apache, IIS), networking and storage technologies.
• Experience with Cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or Azure.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.