The Project Manager is a member of the Client Services team within Global Creative Services. Global Creative Services operates as the in-house marketing agency to all the Thomson Reuters businesses—Legal, Financial and Risk, Tax and Accounting, Global Growth Organization and Corporate Enterprise.
The Project Manager leads the client relationship within Global Creative Services and is responsible for intake, scheduling and management of all tactical projects for a given set of clients. They manage the efficient and effective implementation of marcom plan tactics by ensuring that objectives, strategies and tactics are sound and align with both the clients’ desired outcomes and Global Creative Services’ capabilities. The Project Manager must have the ability to distill client input for print, web and video initiatives into coherent, actionable language – usually in the form of a Creative Brief – for client approval and Creative Team assignments. They initiate the assignment of creative resources (in partnership with Creative Leads), develop schedules and manage all tactical aspects of project workflow. The Project Manager works with significant autonomy and independence and is expected to stay current with B2B marcom best practices.
- Provides project leadership by acting as day-to-day client and Global Creative Services team contact for projects
- Monitors and reports on client retainers and advises Program Manager of any concerns
- Work directly with financial manager to manage client resource usages
- Negotiates positive outcomes that ensure long-term business success for our clients and Global Creative Services
- Awareness and knowledge of Thomson Reuters brand standards and escalates issues
- Helps client understand creative services process and navigates client communication to help them understand timelines and deliverables escalating challenges and concerns to Program Manager
- Advocate for the client within Global Creative Services (GCS) and advocate for GCS to the client
- Master of project and workflow: accountable for creation and management of timelines, budgets and project status setting the course for multiple tactics through the department in all mediums (print, digital, video, etc). Requires working within the department’s online project management tool, Workfront
- Ability to lead meetings in a professional manner, set expectations and renegotiate terms and timelines while encouraging a positive, respectful, team-oriented environment.
- Prepare meeting recaps and distribute to all attendees
- Coordinates with Creative Team Leads to secure creative team assignments and confirm schedules meet needs of projects
- Reviews and evaluates all projects at intake to assess: creative brief, project parameters and deliverables as well as identifying Blue Chip projects for escalation to GCS Creative Director. Partners with clients and Program Manager as needed to ensure completeness of brief for effective creative development.
- Reviews and routes all creative reviews between client and creative teams, setting up, leading and facilitating discussions when additional feedback is needed
- Advises on best practices for tactics in play in partnership with Program Manager
- Responsible for all elements of project and client relationship management
- Clear understanding of GCS capabilities to assess when projects require additional expertise or partnership or if external agency support is needed, work with creative teams to select and facilitate completion of project with agency partner.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferred area in Marketing Communications
- 4+ years agency (or corporate/in-house) experience in Account or Project Management role. (required)
- Project Management Certification (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in creating and leading cross-functional teams
- Resilience in the face of adversity and an extremely strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Ability to both take and give direction
- Working understanding of print, digital and video workflow in an agency environment
- Fluency in marketing communication objectives, strategies, tactics and terminology with ability to write, evaluate and/or interpret a creative brief
- Deadline and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – written and veral (able to communicate with clients at varying levels – i.e. Coordinator to Vice President)
- Effectively uses personal influence with client and team
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Action oriented independent thinker
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and the interrelationship of disparate parts, resulting in well thought out actions that meet objectives
- Ability to apply previous learning to new situations
- Ability to leverage and work effectively with diverse styles, skills and abilities and across cultures
- Knowledge of project management tracking systems
- Ability to delegate tasks, coach people, manage expectations and motivate a team, with a strong “can do” attitude
- Ability to draft creative labor budget estimate proposals
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America