This newly created opportunity is for a Project Manager in our Sales Training and Education and Development team. The ideal candidate is someone who is extremely strong in multi-tasking, enjoys working on a variety of projects that may vary in length, is able to handle large project volumes, understands the complexities of ADDIE waterfall, agile and scrum work environment and has the ability to influence decisions and drive results. The Project Manager is responsible for helping to guide the sales training and education team through successful completion of projects which includes, Salesforce.com and Salesforce add-on instance implementation, ASM (Annual Sales Meeting), curriculum redesign, new curriculum, sales on-boarding and channel-specific product training. The Project Manager will define, scope, initiate and manage large training projects with moderate to high risk and impact, while supporting the business and training teams.
This person will manage project requests and capacity planning, develop detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, financial estimates, status reports and project approval and sign off process. This position requires constant communication, collaboration, and coordination with senior stakeholders, the internal management team as well as the facilitation and design teams.
- Define, scope, initiate and manage large, complex projects that involve significant TED resources as well as resources throughout the business
- Utilize best practices in effectively managing project delivery and deployment including defining project scope, deliverables, budget, timelines and processes.
- Bring and implement standardized disciplines, tools and methodologies to the team’s project management practices.
- Defines, communicates and champions a method of working to deliver projects that generate expected business results.
- Builds key relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the entire business to ensure success of the project.
- Leads a team of project coordinators (2) including the selection, development, coaching and retention.
- Hold all stakeholders and project resources, including channel, marketing, sales, product, and training and education teams accountable to deliverables and dependencies to ensure timely delivery of end solution
- Manage intake process to evaluate training requests against team and channel priorities working closely with leadership and Strategic Training Consultant (STC) to plan capacity to ensure that projects are on time with the appropriate manager and resources to deliver
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and drive commitment to make decisions
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project and provides guidance and recommendations to mitigate project risks.
- Develop detailed project plans, estimates, metrics and reports to ensure stakeholder expectations are met
- Ensures all stakeholders and project team members are aware of project scope and milestones and highlights divergence from scope and timelines and adjusts where necessary.
- Works closely with training leaders and Strategic Training Consultants (STC) to effectively communicate progress with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for RFP creation, execution and vendor selection and managing vendor project plans.
- Run operational meetings with management team and vendors to report out on projects, capacity, scope and determine appropriate resource planning
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to help drive process efficiency and scalability of our resources and the solutions we develop
- Coordinate with leaders from Design, Facilitation, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement and other business teams to ensure appropriate resource allocation and accountability to project plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- PMI Certified
- 7+ years of Project Management experience preferably in a training, organizational change, sales or HR environment.
- Excellent at managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project (or equivalent application).
- Demonstrated execution of project management methodology
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in waterfall and Agile projects
- Proven process and project management success in meeting deadlines, anticipating gaps, holding stakeholders accountable and driving towards solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests simultaneously and under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision makings skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills to help drive appropriate resources and time estimates
- Ability to partner effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
- Self-motivated, flexible and a can-do mindset especially in complex situations
- Willingness to travel 10%.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results exceeding expectations of key stakeholders
- Project management or Agile certification (e.g. Certified ScrumMaster, Professional ScrumMaster, PMP, PMI-ACP or similar) is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Detroit-Michigan-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America