DIVISION/ GROUP/ ROLE:
FindLaw (www.findlaw.com) is the leading provider of online legal information and solutions for the legal community, professionals and consumers.
Sales Consultants work in conjunction with Sales to facilitate new and renewal FindLaw business. This role will provide information to Sales Consultants on general sales-related matters and policy and procedural issues and act as a liaison between Sales Operations and internal departments within FindLaw and Thomson Reuters. In addition, this role will support Sales and Sales Operations management to achieve the business’ objectives.
The Sales Consultant will also assist in training other Sales personnel, assist in the development of new tools used by the field sales staff and assist with special projects that warrant in depth knowledge or our products, services, and Consultants.
- Assist Sales personnel in meeting and exceeding their goals. Serve as a primary resource for Consultants to understand content/product offerings, FindLaw policies, order processing, credit, promotions, incentives and procedures for all pre-sale issues.
- Keep channels of communication open between Sales/Management and internal departments within FindLaw/Super Lawyers and Thomson Reuters.
- Act as an information resource and assist in problem solving all issues. When necessary and appropriate, communicate pricing and product information to customers directly. Provide feedback to internal departments to facilitate the development of new products and promotions.
- Consult with management on the effect of policies and procedures on FindLaw/Super Lawyers goals and assist in developing and implementing policy and procedure changes in a fair and consistent manner. Ensure that profitable business is being secured on behalf of the company.
- Perform projects or problem solve as directed by Sales Operations management, particularly regarding printing of field collateral and logistical support for sales meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing internal web-portal for FindLaw.
- Provide direction for Regional Sales Managers, Sales Consultants, Associate Publishers, by monitoring sales activities, training and implementing policies and procedures. Serve as a consultant to FindLaw/Super Lawyers on best practices and knowledge sharing on new products and promotions.
- Provide direction for personnel by training them on PIC, SAM Portal and other policies, procedures, promotions, campaigns, etc.
- Provide direction to any administrative assistants or temporary workers that may be assigned to Sales Operations.
- Flexible work schedule
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- 4 Year College degree, relevant major preferred (Business, Marketing, Communication or other liberal arts programs)
- Two years sales or account management experience in direct sales environment
- Demonstrated proficiency managing initiatives and project management experience
- Experience with coordinating testing of incremental technology releases
- Comprehensive knowledge of FindLaw/Super Lawyers products/processes
- Strong knowledge of SAP, Excel, MS Office Systems
- Must be adept at problem solving and communicating with the field, account management, customers, and internal management
- Solid understanding and experience with detailed technology projects
- Detailed focused
- Understand technology requirements, concepts and structure for testing technical solutions (SAM Portal, PIC and others identified)
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex client issues, improving service offerings
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal); must be service oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot and make appropriate decisions based on knowledge of business objectives
- Work well independently and as part of team
- Confident, helpful, customer-oriented phone presence required
- Proven ability to take on multiple projects and see them to completion successfully
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America