We are looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer to fuel the launch of a new digital experience for one of our cloud products and to scale it across new markets and product lines. The Lead Full Stack Developer will optimize our technical development activities through digital channels by elevating and expanding our digital technology development approach. This position contributes across the technology stack and will have a range of responsibilities from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that teams are practicing progressive software engineering approaches.
The team will be operating in a fast-paced, dynamic, startup environment, and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide customers and employees with the solutions they need. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion in software engineering, highly customer-driven, enthusiasm to hit the ground running and to make a significant impact on the business.
- Lead engineering teams to deliver high-quality software in a predictable and sustainable manner
- Collaborate with agile team members to develop clear user stories and testable products that can be deployed in an iterative manner to users
- Engage effectively with the business and stakeholders on the value/effort trade-offs for new or enhances product capabilities
- Apply modern technologies and architectures to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience, with knowledge of Agile software development process
- 3+ years managing a small team of developers or similar function
- Hands-on experiences with databases, middleware, server-side technologies and front end (native, web and responsive) engineering
- Ability to enable and support a Development Operations capability and culture
- Hands-on architecture experience including RESTful APIs, Identify management, distributed systems, public/private cloud, mobile and data persistence
- Excellent understanding of one or more server-side technologies (i.e. Node.js, Go, Ruby on Rails, Java, Microsoft stack)
- Experience delivering high-performance client-side solutions
- Experience with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, highly scalable applications, and application security
- Experience in CI/CD practices including unit testing, automation testing, data migration, code quality, performance and integration/systems testing
- Customer oriented approach with strong skills in influencing, negotiation, complex problem solving and conflict management
- Savvy, adept and comfortable working in a complex structure involving corporate level relationships, multi-division / business unit involvement, and matrix reporting
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Results oriented with strong time management skills, highly organized and driven to succeed
- Entrepreneurial approach, innovative, passionate, self-starter, displays persistence despite obstacles or setbacks, and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to influence at all levels within the organization and across all functions with a team-oriented style
- Exhibits flexibility when adjusting to new, different and changing business requirements and decisions
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America