- Apply principles of software engineering to develop high quality reusable software for automation testing using both black box and white box test approaches.
- Design acceptance test criteria for user stories and development tasks.
- Drive test automation and quality improvements on a project.
- Perform cross-platform browser automation testing for web applications using Selenium, Selenium Web driver API and Selenium IDE.
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to include experience with source control management.
- Proficient and have a solid understanding of Selenium and page object model automation framework for UI applications.
- Automate testing for web applications to ensure quality across software releases.
- Provide guidance and troubleshoot junior work product.
- Prepare system operation documentation and train the operation team on the usage.
- Communicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members using document management systems.
- Design solutions for small projects in addition to hands-on development; understand architectural patterns and design.
- Develop server based software with REST and other XML-based technologies and MVC.
- Contribute to requirements and design reviews with business partners and other engineers.
- Manage end to end testing efforts including design, implementation, regression, setup and execution.
- Work with system operation team to install applications to QA and production environments.
- Build and package QA/production version of software and request deployment.
- Provide input on scripts, and automation tools which build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Perform bug management by collaborating with Scrum master, Project manager and developers.
- Write clean code using industry best practices that is easy to read, support and maintain.
- Measure and report how much code is executed while the automated tests are running.
- Perform test management for the automated testing for web applications to ensure quality across software releases.
Position requirements: Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 5 years' experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance. Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
- 5 years' experience in Manual and Automation testing, Black Box testing, System and Integration testing, Functionality testing, and User Acceptance testing.
- 5 years' experience using source control management tools including Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) , GIT and AccuRev.
- 4 years' experience in developing and enhancing Page object model framework using Java 1.6 and Selenium 2.0.
- 3 years' experience in software development using Java 1.6, Junit, XML, and on Agile teams using MVC design pattern.
- 3 years' experience in scripting using Python to develop test automation framework.
- 3 years' experience in automating software build processes using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- 3 years' experience using JIRA.
- 1 year experience in software application development using C# & .Net framework.
- 2 years' experience using Windchill for documentation management.
- 2 years' experience with Clover coverage or similar code coverage tools.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Employer: Thomson Reuters (GRC) Inc.
Job Site: 610 Opperman Drive, Eagan, MN 55123
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America