TRCMS Strategic Accounts Sales Manager
Thomson Reuters Court Management Solutions (TRCMS) sells C-Track, a comprehensive court case management solution, nationally and internationally. C-Track has the most appellate court installations in the U.S. and TRCMS has invested heavily in its court management solutions for trial courts over the past 5+ years so that courts of all sizes and types can benefit from having its true next-generation court case management system. C-Track helps courts increase access to justice through the use of modern, scalable technology, built on the same architecture and methodologies as its flagship legal research platform, Westlaw. The court case management industry is complex and involves many levels of government procurement decision-making and budgetary processes. The sales opportunities are significant, but also have a long sales cycle, even over multiple months and years. This role will require an understanding and appreciation of the government procurement processes, including contributing to the writing of responses to RFPs; managing through the complex, multiple decision-making government purchasing processes; and experience facilitating and advocating change-management practices with clients. The incentive plan for this role aligns with the sales cycle.
The role is to execute business development and sales strategy directing efforts with the primary purpose of driving sales for TR CMS products and professional services. This role will develop deep relationships with potential clients and leverage established partnerships to offer end-to-end solutions to the Courts customers.
Willing to travel 50%.
Location open Nationwide.
- Responsible for generating gross sales and new revenue for Court Management Solutions, within existing relationships and new clients, by leveraging TRCMS suite of products and services bringing "the value of the whole firm" to our customers
- New Business Development: leads the evaluation and execution of specific, important partnership opportunities to drive sales through partners/alliances and serves as an integration point between the sales and associated influence partners
- Provide court specific subject matter expert knowledge to develop and execute capture strategy to build and manage sales pipeline in collaboration with business’s leaders
- Work with the business to validate/originate pipelines/opportunities and provide input on value and governance issues that may influence decision making.
- Validate or develop the opportunities and partnerships and ensure alignment with the business strategy while demonstrating strong negotiation skills.
- Partner with internal teams to build understanding of in-depth business/operational knowledge.
- Ability to engage with senior leaders in the courts industry to communicate value proposition which ultimately leads to pipeline creation and realization.
- Nurture a culture which fosters creativity innovation and a self-motivated team to drive business forward.
Scope & Impact
- Senior-level business development role requiring a seasoned professional who knows how to get the most out of industry relationships, partner relationships, and internal support structures.
- Ability to work at a US national level from a strategic perspective, and with strong focus in specific geographies to build and nurture the sales pipeline in targeted US states.
- While not a primary accountability, this role may be required to travel and assist with international opportunities as well.
Technical/Professional Skills, Competencies & Experience
- Domain expertise in product/service areas related to Court Case Management, E-Filing and related areas. Has in-depth understanding of business workflow practices and solution packages in the Court Case Management space.
- Ability to work in a team, project oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
- A strong track record of outstanding success as a driven, high energy sales and business leader.
- Sales Management and Leadership experience in a high-impact sales organization, across multiple locations and cultures.
- Significant experience in promoting and positioning solutions appropriate for enterprise-wide or state-wide implementation.
- Worked in a matrix organization and familiar with working across different functional groups
- Work experience with technology/software enterprises.
- Experience in business development or marketing with significant functional experience in areas of software applications.
- Coordination of sales and marketing programs.
- Proven organizational, leadership and decision making skills.
- Competitive landscaping & differentiation - Demonstrates knowledge of competitor offerings, strategies, sales, and tactics, from a local perspective.
- Networking - Has built a robust network of peers and experts, maintaining relationships with a large number of key stakeholders that provide unparalleled insights into market dynamics and trends
- Solution Development - value demonstration & enterprise wide thinking. Highly skilled at demonstrating the unique value created by Thomson Reuters offering and making the business case as to how Thomson Reuters offering is uniquely differentiated.
- Adept at considering customer's larger business and strategic challenges in an enterprise-wide context and how they might be addressed through Thomson Reuters offering.
Behavioral & Relationship Competencies
- Work closely across all parts of the organization to ensure the successful execution of sales and marketing activities through the partner channel with the ultimate outcome of “winning hearts and minds” among the relevant customer, partners and industry groups.
- Customer relationships and third party consultancy relationships critical to support sales and increase customer satisfaction.
- Account management, Marketing and Technical Support are the most critical internal relationships with close engagement with divisional teams to ensure close and continuous alignment of strategy to customer needs and execution plans to strategy.
- Open and collaborative relationship with team to provide leadership on aspects of values demonstration, strategy and progress.
- Personal accountability and innovation for moving the sales cycle forward to shorten the length of time to close.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Experience working in the Legal Industries and Court systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;McLean-Virginia-United States of America;Media-Pennsylvania-United States of America