The projects are technically challenging in an environment that is very engaging. Projects will utilize a multitude of different languages and skill sets, including C++, C#, and a variety of scripting languages. The heaviest focus is on C++ and object-oriented development. Projects center around both the Linux and Windows operating systems, with a heavy focus on Linux. The strongest employees are typically known as problem solvers; individuals that take full ownership of problems and drive them through to completion. Learning is also an important aspect of every member of the team, and continued learning is strongly encouraged and supported.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Software development experience ,object oriented development, in particular C++
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong focus on collaboration
• Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting and diagnostic
• Ability to thoroughly test and debug code, with a focus on test driven development
• Ability to suggest new technologies, and quickly adapt to change
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills)
• Experience developing on Linux
• Exposure to Agile methodologies
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with real-time programming
• Adept at software design
• Experience with debugging multithreaded applications
• Knowledge of/experience with design patterns
• Strong focus on continued learning and development
• Understanding of financial markets, market data
• Experience with analysis of transport and application layer network protocols
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.