Date Posted: October 12, 2017
Canadian Sales Representative
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This team player will seek out, identify, create and pursue new opportunities with our products/solutions in Canada to prospective Legal, Corporate, Tax & Accounting and HR customers. You will participate in customer-facing meetings and must demonstrate excellent communication and relationship-building skills, as well as proficiency in technology.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Prospect, sell and build pipeline for Thomson Reuters Products and Solutions;
- Develop a strong understanding of our customers’ business and industry in order to meet new sales quota, drive revenue and achieve activity metrics;
- Drive new account/revenue acquisition through excellent researching, planning and execution of your sales plan which includes high levels of prospecting daily, following up on leads, middle of funnel management and closing bottom of funnel of opportunities daily;
- Develop multi-level relationships within existing accounts by understanding customer needs and pain points and offering exceptional service to the market; collaborating with sales leadership/marketing/segment teams to bring insight and strength of execution to each Go To Market campaign; and supporting customer retention strategies and product renewals;
- Develop and execute on a Strategic Sales Plan by reviewing existing accounts with a view to current services, future plans/trends, key competitors and their offerings; develop a strategy to approach the market and determine priorities in order to successfully achieve revenue targets;
- Conduct pre-demo qualifying calls/conversations, and conduct face-to-face/web-ex sales calls to demonstrate products and solutions, communicate value propositions and address customer pain points;
- Complete administrative tasks including: Reporting monthly, or as required, on all sales activities, market trends, competitor information and individual projects; weekly forecasting of sales; managing and reporting on all business expenses; attending, participating in and reporting on meetings, sales conferences, company sponsored training initiatives and relevant trade shows/conventions; and developing proposals to fit client needs
- Work within a CRM application (salesforce.com) to record daily activities and accurately forecast sales; and
- Organize time to achieve maximum market penetration.
You will be a strong customer-centric team player and will possess:
- A college or University degree;
- 3-5 years direct field sales experience with a proven, exemplary track record of sales quota overachievement;
- Strong business acumen, with experience and a track record in software sales;
- Consultative selling skills demonstrated though building credibility and trust in order to navigate a complex software and solutions sales cycle;
- Strong knowledge of and ability to effectively present products and value propositions;
- Active listening skills and flexibility to appropriately respond to new challenges;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a numbers-oriented mindset, with the ability to accurately forecast;
- Superior communication and presentation skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrated through regular collaboration and communication within team and cross-functionally with other departments;
- Enthusiasm, energy, passion and curiosity, and a willingness to be open and adaptable to change;
- Strong technical/PC Skills including MS Office (especially MS Excel & PowerPoint); and
- The ability to work from home office and travel to customer locations (valid drivers’ license required) [50% travel required].
The following will be considered strong assets for success in this role:
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the legal, accounting, finance, and/or the HR market;
- Professional designation – i.e. LLB;
- Bilingualism (French/English);
- Previous experience with Sales Effectiveness Methodologies and SalesForce.com; and
- Previous experience in a marketing capacity.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2017, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2017, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.