Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, the Project Manager is a proven leader with extensive skills and experience. The role encompasses overall responsibility for collaborating with the team and client on guiding and building a mutually agreed strategy and plan.
For medium to large scale engagements, the SPM has overall responsibility for managing the successful and timely delivery of multi-faceted projects. These projects can range in complexity and scale, and require collaboration with a variety of business and technology areas. Such engagements may involve multiple global business units and cross dependent project teams. Travel to client sites may be required.
As part of the client facing Implementation Team, the incumbent needs to project a highly professional image with strong consulting skills. The Project Manager must be comfortable dealing with all levels of the client organizational hierarchy, from practitioner users to C-Level stakeholders.
• Be a Leader – set direction, manage execution and influence
• Promote visibility into the project and supporting process
• Working with a pool of Delivery Consultants, assigned to the project, focus on executing assigned projects
• Coordinate project tasks with internal groups (such as Hosting and Training)
• Facilitate both internal and client facing interchanges and meetings
• Support Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Project Planning and Execution
• Establish and coordinate structured in-person and remote project sessions
• Maintain and track project metrics and Financial tracking/reporting
• Managing customer expectations, work with both internal and external cross functional teams
• Conduct, or support, estimation and scoping sessions, that result in statement of work
• Promote adherence to standard practices and processes (life cycle) to enable successful and consistent project execution and deliver value
• Develop and manage to detailed project plans, including schedules, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans.
• Establish detailed metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports. Identify project risks/gaps and create risk mitigation plans
• Provide project leadership, work direction, and feedback. Influence the work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met, and issues and risks are communicated
• Collaborate closely with the designated Managing and Technical Consultants
• Promote visibility - communicate and report status to clients, internal executives, and all other key stakeholders e.g., Status Reports, Executive Briefings, etc.
• Deliver formal presentations and executive summaries to senior management and key stakeholders to provide recommendations and structured decision making
• Conduct frequent retrospectives and collect lessons learned for submission to the Continuous Process Improvement Cycle
• Perform other duties/projects as required in the dynamic PS environment
•It is the responsibility of a PM to develop and deliver a project management roadmap encompassing all the details of a project
• The PM should set achievable goals for the project. Moreover, the PM should also develop appropriate strategies for achieving these goals
• Provide Coaching and Guidance: It is also the duty of the PM to provide coaching and guidance to the team members covering every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them accordingly
• Identify Resources: The PM should identify all the internal and external resources whether financial or human resources required completing the project successfully
• Keep an Eye on Latest Trends: The PM should keep their eye on the latest strategies, tools and methodologies used in the industry
• Internal Communications Strategy: The PM should develop and execute an efficient internal communication strategy for ensuring communication with all levels of the team
Required Competencies (must have):
• Exceptional grasp on PM theory and a specific industry related expertise in a related technology or domain
• A collaborative “team player” is required
• Take-charge, positive attitude with strong leadership skills
• A demonstrable understanding of one or more industry standard project delivery methodologies
• A strong consultative approach with hands-on experience in an implementation scenario
• 5+ years of experience in a technology, consulting or services delivery capacity
• A proven track record in the field of project management and/or consulting with a minimum of 3 years of project management experience
• Experience managing, facilitating and coordinating a team
• Demonstrated multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer-facing and relationship building skills at senior executive levels
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, and the Office suite of tools (including Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional Competencies (nice to have):
• A strong interest in understanding client business issues, as well as the technology supporting the business.
• Internal Audit, Risk, Compliance / GRC domain expertise will be a significant plus
• International Experience preferred
• Familiarity with Lean or Agile models and frameworks and Visio would be a plus
• ISACA certification would be a plus
• Professional certification such as PMP from the Project Management Institute (or equivalent) is highly desirable
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.