Operations Management Trainee
At Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions, we provide quality book printing and distribution servces for our clients throughout Minnesota, the United States and around the world. With a range of printing, warehousing, and fulfillment services to offer, we provide clients with timely, cost-effective solutions to their printing and distribution needs.
Our 1.3 million square foot manufacturing facility in Eagan, Minnesota, is one of the largest printing, warehousing and fulfillment facilities in the United States. We have a strong history of creating quality products for business within Thomson Reuters and for external customers around the globe.
The Operations Management Trainee (OMT) program includes a rotation through all departments in Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions in preparation for a supervisory role. Candidates are introduced to the complete manufacturing processes of hard and softbound books plus warehouse and fulfillment functions, as well as operations management in a three-shift environment. The program involves hands-on experience in all aspects of the production process, as well as leadership development and project work.
· Bachelors Degree preferred OR a minimum of 7 years of experience in print manufacturing or similar work environment required
· Experience in establishing presence as a leader, formally or informally, and modeling appropriate behaviors
- Leadership Ability
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels; adept at building relationships
- Experienced in addressing and working through conflict
- Ability to give coaching and feedback to colleagues and subordinates
- Demonstrated prioritization skills
- Able to manage both upward and downward in a professional manner
· Open to and willing to act on feedback and coaching
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
· Computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint; SAP/ERP a plus
· Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
· Critical thinking and analytical skills·
· Flexibility to vary hours across three shifts as needed for rotational assignments in a 24x5 manufacturing operation
· Experience with process or continuous improvement tools and methodologies preferred
For more information about Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions, please visit the following web site: http://www.corepublishingsolutions.com and see employees’ comments about our lean manufacturing initiatives at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceponooWc4 .
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.