In line with our commitment to building a diverse workforce and ensuring strong female representation in the workforce at all levels, we are proud to introduce ‘Career Relaunch’– a dedicated program targeted at bringing female professionals back into the workplace.
Business Unit Controller
The jobholder will ensure management and control of key accounting components, subsidiary & branch accounting, work with 3rd Party providers for statutory and tax reporting, yearend submissions and other accounting areas. The objective is to ensure compliance with Thomson Reuter’s policy, SOX / IFRS and Local Tax & GAAP requirements. The jobholder is expected to interact closely with various groups including but not limited to Business Units, General Accounting organization, Group Finance, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit and 3rd party providers and to manage the relationship with our local statutory auditors.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
• Taking ownership and accountability of entity financials and ensuring the Statutory audits are signed off timely as per the requirements
• Ensuring monthly /quarterly analysis and qualitative commentary for cost
• Responsible for local statutory and tax compliance either for a Country or a group of Countries, by working closely with outsources service providers.
• Developing team management skill by acting as back up and one point of contact for the respective region
• Liaisioning with auditors on Statutory & SOX audits
• Review of work done by Accounting operations to ensure the accounting is in accordance with IFRS and/or local GAAP requirements
• Review and ensuring completion of tax packs, booking of tax provisions and monitoring tax accounts movements.
• Reviewing Transfer Pricing calculation and ensure the same is in accordance with the agreement/arrangement
• Support Manager by being a key contact by providing guidance & mentoring to other team members
· Chartered Accountant
OVERALL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Chartered Accountant with 3-5 years of relevant experience
PRIOR EXPERIENCE SHOULD BE IN THE SPECIFIC AREAS LIKE:
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.