Reporting to the Regional Head for APAC, ERM Professional Services Director, this individual, as a member of Services Delivery team will be responsible for managing the PS Competency Center located in Bangalore.
The primary purpose of the team (including technical consultants and business consultants(TBD)) is primarily to serve as the core delivery team for APAC based clients/sales on implementing the Thomson Reuters ERM products and software. The product suite includes Connected Risk, AA, TR-ERM and eGRC. The Bangalore based team would also serve as an off-shore staff location to provide global support to other regional teams towards upgrades, migrations and implementations of the legacy products that are still active on the pipeline (TR-ERM and eGRC).
Thomson Retuers is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) sector. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This individual has overall responsibility for the oversight of the team, resource planning, communication management, escalation management for the client-specific solutions using Thomson Reuters software.
This role is accountable for the quality of service, to establish and maintain operational excellence across the local team in Bangalore, to measure and drive individual behavioural and team excellence. Also this role will drive excellence across processes and quality adherence; and ensure the teams’ resourcing is managed effectively, manage KPI and utilization targets, and groom and enable the team to seek additional global support for use of Bangalore based resources across additional products within the ERM group.
Travel required – 0 to 20%
- Operational Management of the frontline PS team in Bangalore to achieve consistent communication and service excellence
- Provides leadership direction in Bangalore
- Manage a group of Business Consultants and Technical Consultants across the ERM product suite and proactively managing customer issues and acting as a point of escalation for the team
- Escalate to peers and subject matter experts when necessary to seek resolution
- Work with relevant stakeholders with the end goal of increased customer satisfaction and on-plan, on-budget delivery.
- Provide customer feedback to stakeholder groups to improve end to end performance and customer satisfaction
- Proactively manage performance and coach the team to deliver superior and effective coaching sessions with the customer support executives in line with global customer support guidelines
- Maintain and improve the key performance measures of the Bangalore based team
- Plan and Prioritize the workload of team, assign staff to projects based on knowledge/skill and provide career development and mentoring for the team.
- Drive the performance management & review process helping facilitate the midyear and annual review process
- Create a learning culture and environment by sharing knowledge as a whole and championing learning initiatives
- Manage and ensures consistency and alignment of Implementation and Support functions and processes within the area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance to global ERM operational standards, procedures and best practices
- Manage and develop a highly effective and motivated team with clearly defined objectives aligned to global strategic goals.
- Innovate and improve upon current processes and techniques.
- Work with cross functional teams within the company as needed to identify solution alternatives for customer issues
- Lead/Participate in scoping sessions to estimate effort associated with solution design and system configuration for new projects/customers.
- Provide Sales/pre-Sales support for regional sales teams when required for RFPs, RFIs or customer discovery calls
- Participate in concurrent customer projects, when required in addition to management responsibilities
- Provide input to management reports as required, and status reporting to clients, internal executives, and all other key stakeholders. Also provide required team documentation, SLAs, status reports and project plans.
- Deliver formal presentations and executive summaries to senior management to provide recommendations.
Required Competencies (must have):
- Take-charge, positive attitude
- A strong consultative approach
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience (e.g. internal audit, risk management, SOX or other regulatory compliance)
- Experience managing delivery consultants
- Demonstrated multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer-facing and relationship building skills at senior executive levels.
- Be proficient in MS excel, project management tools and techniques, outlook and MS Word.
Additional Competencies (nice to have):
- A strong interest in understanding client business issues, as well as the technology supporting the business
- Experience in GRC solutions implementation
- Hands-on experience with Web Technologies
- International Experience in working with global team on-shore or off-shore
- Communication Skills, Problem Solving, Organizational Skills, Project Management & Process Understanding
- University degree in related discipline required
- Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- At least 5 yrs experience successfully managing front-line customer service organizations
- At least 2 yrs experience successfully managing remote global groups / projects
- Strong knowledge and experience with complex solution/workflow based software
- Previous experience implementing strategy & driving change in a complex environment
- Strong understanding of TR Markets customers, products, business and service drivers
- Experience of setting up an off-shore capability for a global player
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.