Position – Senior Data Engineer
Location – Bangalore
- The Content Specialist within Estimates team will be responsible for identifying patterns in the data, and derive inferences to allow Estimates Management team make informed decisions.
- The Specialist will work on the data generated through systems such as Estimates collection database, Caliber QC database, QFS and QA Direct.
- The role involves using statistical methods/tools, programming techniques to quickly understand the patterns within the data, and also represent those in a meaningful way.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Write algorithms/programs/logics to generate, clean, and analyze the data (structured as well as unstructured data). Might also require interacting with more than one database.
- Use statistical tools/methods to test hypothesis and suggest recommendations. - Quantify the findings from the pattern analysis and use in the building predictive models.
- Work on Machine Learning Algorithms to recommend changes in the existing business rules.
- Generate hit rates for Business Rules and Quality checks.
- Design combo checks and use extraction techniques to compare the data from the source.
- Interact with various stakeholders and update them on the trend within the data.
- Work closely with Content Specialists to ensure data, business rules enhancement requirements are raised, prioritized, sized and progressed.
- Work with Service & Quality lead and Estimates Management team by providing details on aberration within the data that can lead to data quality/timeliness issues.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics
- Masters and/or MBA or CFA is an added advantage
- Knowledge of MS Excel, SQL, python, R, Hadoop.
- Good Financial Market Knowledge
- Knowledge on Corporate Actions
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Customer focused
- Flexible and quick in learning new data models and technologies
- Knowledge of Azure Machine learning tools will be added advantage
- Focused on problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and able to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks
- A team player who will work with others in order to get the job done
- Able to adapt to changing needs and requirements
- Deliver on time
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.