Job DescriptionAn exciting opportunity exists within the Thomson Reuters Buy Side Specialist team. The primary purpose of this role is to service a portfolio of assigned clients to ensure they derive maximum value from the Thomson Reuters product suite. The Specialist builds strong relationships with clients and aims to maximise product usage. The successful Specialist achieves high client retention rates, high levels of customer satisfaction and product usage, and identifies growth opportunities within the assigned account portfolio.
The Specialist works very closely with a team of Account Managers, Technical Account Managers and other Specialist to deliver a rich customer experience. The Specialist role gives you the opportunity to learn and deepen your knowledge of the financial/market data industry and experience working in a fast and dynamic environment.
The Specialist is responsible for retaining and growing a portfolio of Buy Side Clients, that range from Wealth Advisors, Asset Managers and Hedge Funds.
This is achieved by successfully:
- Owning a 'book of business' of end users within your territory and being responsible for the Net performance of the desktop business.
- Building “trusted advisor” relationships with clients
- Monitoring and driving product usage within client portfolio by pro-actively servicing the customer
- Identifying growth opportunities by generating and closing sales leads
- Delivering market relevant campaigns and achieving high levels of quality client engagement
- Proactively collecting, analysing and sharing customer feedback with colleagues in the market development and product teams
- Creating and maintaining accurate contact and activity records in the CRM system
- Working closely with colleagues in the account team to deliver joined up service to clients
- Continuously building personal knowledge and maintaining high levels of specialisation in the financial markets, Thomson Reuters products and customer workflows.
- Completing required certification programs
- Skills and Personal Attributes
The Specialists will set the standard within Thomson Reuters and will be recognised as a “go-to” resource for information about products and content.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A good knowledge of how the Buy Side works including Wealth Management, Asset Management and the Hedge Fund Industry
- An understanding of the different job roles within the Industry
- Strong cross asset financial markets knowledge
- Character Attributes - a motivated self starter who deals well with pressure and changing circumstances and is driven to overperform against targets.
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong team player
- Sales and Service minded attitude
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience servicing market data customers
- Relevant markets qualifications (e.g. CFA)
- University level degree
- Experience in the financial markets or experience in serving the financial markets
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.