The Regional Field Manager (RFM) Corporate Strategic Accounts is responsible for successfully leading and managing a senior level sales and client management teams to meet and exceed performance targets. Individual is accountable for growing total Corporate Legal sales, achieving assigned retention targets, and increasing usage and market share within assigned region, to meet growth and retention targets. Ensures staff is effectively trained, motivated and coached to cover all assigned accounts and territories within the region.
Individual hired must reside in the Corporate Strategic Accounts Region. Preference given to candidates who currently reside in or are willing to relocate to Minneapolis, MN; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Dallas, TX; San Francisco, CA; or Los Angeles, CA .
Major areas of accountability/ responsibility:
- Consistently attain Regional sales quota, revenue goals, and renewal targets
- Effectively manage all account teams (Account/Sales Executives, Sr Client Managers, Sales Specialists and Research Specialists), by creating and coaching to unified account strategies and establishing role clarity to drive overall team success. Balances appropriate time in the field coaching and motivating team to achieve desired performance results.
- Develop an annual operational business plan for the Region, informing the work of field staff and directing the way in which the Region plans to grow its revenues. The plan, which shall incorporate a competitive and market assessment and indicate the Region's contribution to the division's planned growth for the year, will be reviewed by divisional management against standard performance metrics periodically throughout the year.
- Ensure team members are properly trained on product knowledge, sales and account management process and overall Internal sales policies and procedures. Recruit and hire high quality sales and account management candidates and ensure all territories are fully staffed. Continue to maintain a robust pipeline of quality candidates for future openings.
- Ensure compliance across region of all required reporting and effective use of internal tools and resources.
- Effectively coach and motivate each team member to achieve their monthly, quarterly and annual goals. Utilize performance scorecards, and the Coaching Portal to measure and track success against the core job metrics and to document the coaching conversations, and track progress against identified development needs.
- Provide accurate and timely regional sales and account management reports, regional forecasts, expense reports, customer evaluation reports as well as other reports requested by Channel management.
- Work with product marketers, segment staff and product developers to provide input on legal and regulatory information products, services or solutions which allow our corporate customers to access & utilize our content & solutions more efficiently. Design, recommend and implement special programs and promotions to maintain or stimulate growth.
- Organize and conduct regional meetings and contribute to divisional management meetings as requested by Director, Corporate Strategic Accounts.
- Foster and maintain positive and effective internal and external customer relationships. Assist in customer escalation issues and provide customer relationship support as needed.
- Ensure all business dealings are handled professionally and ethically in accordance with established and accepted business practices. Support company processes and procedures and help to ensure the customers' experience is without compromise
- This position requires regular travel within assigned region to meet with team and customers. In addition, travel is required for other Corporate Channel and/or National SAM meetings, and Industry Conferences.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Champions new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
- Sets high standards for performance, takes ownership, and drives accountability for results.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success; creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Commitment to People
- Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach job related skills to optimize employee's performance.
- Creates an environment to attract the best and brightest people.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Builds constructive relationships across the organization with key business partners including channel teammates, Segment, NPD and Finance to drive the business forward.
- Works collaboratively across boundaries and gets things done despite divergent goals, cultures and perspectives.
- Uses knowledge of business dynamics to make good decisions and sustain the core business while driving profitable growth.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of products, solutions and services for the Corporate Channel.
- Adept at forecasting monthly goals
- The ability to use financial tools to assist in planning, forecasting and productivity improvement.
- Exemplifies a strong understanding of the Corporate market and the needs of Corporate customers; ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information in order to do business within the Corporate market.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Four-year college degree required. JD, MBA preferred.
- 4+ years in a successful sales or account management role
- Prior field management experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of corporate legal market
- Established knowledge or a good appreciation of West products and services, especially the Westlaw platform
- High degree of integrity
- Service orientation and experience with professional client presentations
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy
Responsibility for work of others:
- Strategic Accounts Account Executives
- Sr. Client Managers
- Corporate Investigative Sales Executives
- Sales Specialists
- Research Specialists
- Regional Field Sales Growth
- Regional Field Annual Contract Value Growth
- Regional Expense Budget
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Los Angeles-California-United States of America;San Francisco-California-United States of America;Dallas-Texas-United States of America