Within the Enterprise Technology function, EBS (Enterprise Business System) owns the strategy, architecture, delivery & support of all the internal business platforms to support Corporate, Enterprise & Middle-wares, Digital Marketing, Selling, Fulfillment, Billing & Collections and Service & Support function. EBS works closely with business leaders to define and execute a global EBS plan and focuses on maximizing efficiency through standardization and harmonization of processes, culture and information.
Thomson Reuters is working to transform the Customer Experience across the organization, making it seamless for our customers to do business with us. One major focus is a digitally enabled environment that will help connect the customer to the answers they need, in a more timely and personalized way.
The DevOps Technical Manager will play a key role in ensuring Thomson Reuters’ customers have a seamless experience when doing business with us by cutting inefficiencies, improving processes and achieving greater control, predictability and flexibility. The DevOps Technical Manager will partner with multiple groups within EBS to deeply understand the technologies both at the Infrastructure and the Development level to support the Digital Transformation.
- Work directly with the Delivery and Operations function in identifying and implementing automated release deployments, testing and monitoring tools
- All aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications and status reporting
- Coordinate between a variety of vendors and technical experts
- Effectively convey technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Work with the development and testing teams to ensure efficient, quality and reliable project delivery
- Ensure that known issues are addressed and problems are escalated appropriately during the planning and rollout of upgrades and changes
- Analyze incidents / problems registered to ensure future releases incorporate appropriate responses to those incidents and problems
- Develop standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring.
- EBS Delivery and Architecture Teams
- EBS Operation Teams (Run)
- Business Relationship Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Vendor’s (Salesforce.com/Oracle/etc)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Certification - ITIL Foundation preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Dev Ops and operation support including advanced, demonstrable experience in:
- DevOps engineering methodologies, cloud and self-managed environments (Puppet, AWS, Cloud Formation, GIT, Jenkins, Selenium, QTP, Maven).
- Leading technology teams following DevOps principles, drive to true modern DevOps culture.
- Experience in engineering practices such as design to operate driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications and application security.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process.
- Proven capability and experience working in technical release deployments and projects with good trouble shooting technical knowledge.
- Familiarity with performance metric tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Highly developed communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts and issues clearly and succinctly.
- Self-motivated, can work very well under pressure, and result oriented personality.
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams to deliver strong technical and commercial results.
- Experience of working in a Service Management role, within a changed control and security conscious environments.
- Experience with ITIL Processes for Change, Release and Configuration.
- Strong infrastructure knowledge - Operating system, Linux/Unix, VM’s, Network and storage.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America