Thomson Reuters markets an integrated suite of applications that governmental entities use in the assessment and collection of property taxes and other revenues. These are collectively known as Aumentum. The Professional Services team is responsible for standing up the software for the customer. Technical Consultants play a key role in this process, from initial configuration to conversion assistance to process analysis to requirements/bug triage to training and testing assistance.
- Leads data mapping exercises with customers and implementation engineering teams to translate data from source system into standard import table layouts.
- Works with implementation engineering to ensure data is imported correctly. Provides quality assurance for imported data using validation scripts and regression testing.
- Leads functional workshops to fit customer requirements to existing product functionality. Identifies areas of needed configuration, application change or customer business process change.
- Documents and presents functional requirements to customers and solicits feedback.
- Customizes and configures applications to agreed specifications or provides recommendations for this.
- Designs, develops and documents workbooks, spreadsheets and associated deliverables within forecast time-scales and budgets agreed with customers.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides market or business information from the field to appropriate Marketing and Product Management groups to assist product development.
- Trains end users and customer development staff in the functionality of products, participating in the development of training and eLearning tools.
- Bachelor degree in computer or business related field plus a minimum of three years telephone support or combination thereof
- Three years software testing with SQL or Oracle
- Intermediate Project Management experience
- Advanced computer skills and data analysis
- Advanced Microsoft office including Project
- Intermediate report writing software experience preferably Crystal Reports
- Assessment or Government Tax experience or knowledge
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Extensive business travel is required - approximately 50%
- May require extended work schedules, tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
- Sitting, eye sight, using hands/fingers, talking, hearing, occasionally lifting up to 25#
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by the supervisor’s discretion
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America