- Audits, measures and reports on the quality of our content across the various products, databases and services provided by the company.
- Participates in developing and recommending metrics and auditing activities to improve quality.
- Through analysis and assessment of content issues, they are responsible for recommending and implementing process improvement across production teams and global locations.
Division/Group/Role/Work Location/Reporting Relationship
Judicial Ed Operations
Content Quality Analyst 6
Audit & Support Manager
- Performs scheduled work items such as: design, test, deliver and support performance metrics, audits and evaluations of processes and methods of working.
- Leads the auditing of content by sampling across various databases and products and tracking errors across complex workflows involving multiple global locations.
- Leads process audits by examining process documentation and observing user and system execution against the documented process.
- Leads root cause analysis and uses a variety of problem solving tools & techniques to facilitate cross-functional meetings to help identify recommendations for improvement.
- Creates and delivers presentations and written reports on findings/recommendations from the audit to the relevant sponsors/stakeholders of the evaluation.
- Ensures documentation of policies, procedures and work processes, including quality control processes, is up to date.
- Seeks efficiencies in work practices to achieve automation by identifying opportunities and translating them in actual savings.
- Identifies and helps develop new measurements where a need or requirement exists.
- May train new Quality Analysts on performance metrics, audits and evaluation processes.
- Provides quality support on projects such as building of new data; includes monitoring targets and criteria for success.
- Provides appropriate consultancy and expertise in the area of quality and improvement to project functions and activities.
- Ensures relevant recommendations through to implementation.
- Acts as a primary contact point on area of dataset expertise.
- Acts as an ambassador for Quality standards across department.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Individual contributor role.
- Global scope impacting complex workflows and content sets.
- To assess and facilitate improvement of the accuracy and completeness of Thomson Reuters data keeping in mind overall business strategy and financial focus.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Experience in quality metrics and auditing processes, including some statistical analysis preferred.
- Analytic approach to work and attention to detail.
- Experience with content and Internet-based research.
- Ability to communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Expertise in report writing.
- Background in use of statistical analysis concepts and tools to solve complex problems preferred.
- Expertise in quality tools used within the organization preferred.
- Strong understanding and proficient user of Thomson Reuters products, database and extraction tools.
- Driven to engage in problem solving exercises and investigation of complex and unfamiliar issues.
- Logical, investigative and innovative approach to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to work in a team environment, yet maintain professional integrity and composure while communicating difficult subjects.
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
- The role requires a high level of communication with production teams across numerous global locations, and Technology, through phone, email, messaging, or in person, on a daily basis, to effectively implement and communicate quality targets and measurements, and escalate issues.
- The role requires maintenance of good communication with diverse groups and in different geographic locations.
CERTIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years content quality analysis experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters content production processes; familiarity with Legal content and associated processes preferred.
- Proven time management and organization skills.
- Project management skills.
- Understanding of who Thomson Reuters customers are and how they use our content.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Driving Results
- Inspiring Others
- Building Talent
- Championing Innovation
"According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2017 fiscal year (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017)."
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America