Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in New York, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
Position Title: Manager, Professional Services
Requisition Number: JREQ090122
Location: Docklands Technical Centre (move to Canary Wharf in Q1 2018)
We are looking for an experienced tax/accounting technology m to join our Professional Services team, focusing on implementations of ONESOURCE Workflow Manager (OWM) and Dataflow.
The Professional Services team is focused on providing implementation, consulting and training services, working with external clients from a variety of industry sectors, the majority of which are multinational corporates based in the UK and across the EMEA region.
The team works on a variety of projects, ranging from relatively short, focused assignments through to larger-scale longer-term engagements. We have the opportunity to see projects through from the very start, working with clients and our Business Development team during high-level project scoping and work estimate phases, through all other phases of the project life cycle – requirements gathering, design, solution configuration, testing, training and roll-out. We also work closely with colleagues from all other areas of the Tax and Accounting business, including Product Management and Development, Customer Support and Business Development.
Brand - ONESOURCE:
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Client Service - working with clients on a range of different projects, taking the day-to-date lead on implementation engagements and ensuring delivery of excellent client service.
- Project Management - plays a visible role in project planning sessions with team members. Works on moderately complex projects/issues that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines.
- Communications/Status Reporting - effectively communicates findings and solutions to client. Prepares status updates for projects and regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the client and the team.
- Leadership – provide direction and training to junior staff; this may include line management of a small team.
- Makes recommendations for process improvement and ideas to immediate manager.
- Monitors costs of own work in alignment with project plan and may manage budgets for small projects or programs.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Accountable for determining the approach used to address routine professional issues.
- May serve in team lead role for a small team, which may include responsibility for training/supervision of junior staff and having direct responsibility over the project team or sub team.
- Work with Thomson Reuters Sales and Solution Consultants across products to provide insight and first-hand expertise around integrated product solutions; this may mean leading or participating in client-related pitches or workshops.
- Where necessary, contribute to global assignments and leverage on relationships with TR employees outside of the UK to ensure a consistent and standardized global services solution.
- Foster good client relations as part of the services work undertaken and champion externally the Thomson Reuters brand and family of products and in so doing assist the Client Service Management internal team to promote additional revenue-generating services.
- Act as a conduit with TR Product and Content teams to cultivate pro-actively product improvements based on actual client feedback and experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ideally the candidate will have used our ONESOURCE Workflow Manager tool in practice and have an understanding of each of its various components and configuration, or a good working knowledge of other competitor workflow products. In addition, the successful candidate will have other relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: other direct taxes, indirect taxes, transfer pricing, tax provision or FATCA .
- Adaptable and flexible in juggling workloads across multiple products or work streams. The immediate focus of the role will be centered upon working with our ONESOURCE Workflow Manager solution, however, the successful candidate should be able to work across other products and projects.
- Experience of working on technology implementations including solution design, deliverables, stakeholder management and project communication.
- A strong focus on customer service, collaboration and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing project work load and analysis needed for key deliverables.
- Can visualize and communicate more than one technical solution to a problem or an issue.
- Good communication skills, oral and written, are considered key due to the client-facing nature of the role.
- Shows signs of leadership skills and the ability to influence others. Ability to work as part of a team or independently, if required.
- The majority of work will be based out of our London office in Docklands/Canary Wharf and client work is supported remotely. The role does not involve extensive overseas travel, but candidates should be willing to travel in the UK or abroad where necessary. Assignments are generally short in nature and do not extend beyond a few days.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in other European languages is useful but not essential.
- Some understanding of programming languages, such as Visual Basic would be advantageous plus a working knowledge of XML. Strong Excel skills would also be considered desirable.
- Good academic track record and educated to degree standard
- ATT, CTA, ACA , ACCA qualified/part qualified (or similar recognized professional qualification)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.