We are looking to add a Lead Virtualization Engineer to our high performing team to participate in supporting and designing the Virtual infrastructure, systems, network services, and data security to both internal and external customers. Systems Engineers must be able to exhibit strong communication, collaboration, as well as time and project management skills.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Help define the engineering strategy for the Virtual Server team, including adoption of new tools and procedures.
- Lead major technical projects.
- Key technical resource for the solutions design process.
- Support the VMware vSphere environment including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Lead the implementation of agreed upon technical solutions and strategies.
- Serve as a technical contact on projects as assigned.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical issues at the team level.
- Troubleshoot technology issues, using various internal and external resources.
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
- Participate in post mortem process for problems as appropriate.
- Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
- Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
- Stay current on industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
Leadership & Communication
- Key contributor to the virtualization leadership team.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and training to team members.
- Lead or work on a variety of virtual teams with members of multiple groups to proactively address support issues.
- Act as a project leader for some projects providing task direction to achieve project goals.
- Follow up on outstanding issues with project team, strategic business partners (including software vendors), and management.
- Work independently on tasks with minimal guidance.
- Deliver regular status updates to project team and management.
- Evaluate and recommend process and technology improvements.
Management & Administration
- Act as an escalation resource for complex technical issues and root cause analysis.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes until long term objectives are completed.
- Help form and meet project schedules and timelines.
- Utilize company incident/change management systems.
- Submit weekly time accounting.
- Help set strategic vision for the virtualization team.
- Work closely with internal customers to understand needs, technology landscape, and changing requirements.
- Develop a solid understanding of Thomson Reuters product lines and supported technologies.
- Understand internal business processes and how they affect the Corporation.
- Understand strategic vision at the project level. Help form and implement project strategy.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- 7+ years related work experience.
- 5+ years Virtualization experience.
- Strong vSphere skills – Engineering & Design
- Strong VMware vRealize Operations - Design and Support experience
- Strong VMware vRealize Orchestrator - design and develop workflows
- Experience in designing complex virtual infrastructure solutions.
- Experience with NetApp storage and Cisco Data Center networking.
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to set scope and deliver quality results.
- Ability to determine and assign tasks to others to achieve project goals.
- Demonstrable customer focus attitude.
- Experience with virtualization in a mid-to-large scale data center environment.
- Strong vSphere API skills - automation and development
- Strong automation experience - Python/Powershell scripting
- Understanding of storage, network, and hardware technologies.
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America