The Project Manager is required to build strong customer and internal relationships and be accountable for definition and execution of professional services projects that deliver specific and agreed upon business benefits. The Project Manager ensures the project success and reference-able clients through the management of the project tasks, budget, scheduling, and client communication, beginning with transition from sales and concluding with the successful transition from implementation to support.
ESSENTIAL DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains effective control, leadership, and responsibility for the defined scope of implementation and technical projects.
- Project scoping: identifies and monitors the client’s project objectives and measures of success.
- Project planning: breaks down the objectives and measures of success into manageable phases and creates plans, timelines, task lists, milestones, and transition procedures for each phase. Manages data conversion: serves as liaison between client and data conversion team, facilitates transfer of data between organizations, produces data maps, produces proofing plans, and ensures signoff of maps and data by client.
- Delivers onsite or remote product training for administrators and/or end users. Provides onsite floor support.
- Works within a matrixed organization to schedule & collaborate with resources necessary to fulfill the project’s objectives.
- Maintains appropriate documentation on all facets of project.
- Develops initial project budget and monitors and discusses ongoing project budget needs with client.
- Communicates project status and updated task lists with client and regional Client Partner.
- Facilitates timely transition of project from implementation & consulting team to support.
- Identifies and strategizes solutions for technical, consulting, training, implementation and/or consulting project needs.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Meets individual contributor targets for billed hours. - Complies with standard policies and procedures.
- Periodic weekend work required.
- Up to 50% travel commitment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years experience in one or more of the following areas: project management, accounting, legal industry, consulting, or software training.
REQUIRED SKILLS/NECESSARY EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of job duties.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize within and between projects.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of client and employee organization.
- Ability to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgment under pressure.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and diverse range of projects and activities. - Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Client-facing consultancy experience.
- Critical and logical thinking as it relates to project planning and the impact of variables upon one another and the project as a whole.
- Ability to reduce a broad statement of work into manageable parts.
- Ability to identify high risk issues within a project and resolve proactively.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal management supervision, which requires excellent time management skills, self motivation and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility for assigned projects.
- Experience/knowledge in three or more of the following Technical areas:
- Remote user (Distributed) support/consulting Relational databases
- Operating system knowledge and experience MS SQL - MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Data mapping and analysis - MS Office
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.