Asia Columnist, Reuters Breakingviews
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The world’s leading provider of real-time financial commentary is seeking a columnist to write agenda-setting views about companies, markets, corporate finance and natural resources across Asia. The ideal candidate will be based in Singapore and will be ready to explain to a global financial audience, using sharp analysis, the significance of some of the biggest stories across the continent. From Singaporean banks to Vietnamese privatizations to Australian miners and almost everything in between, the Asia columnist will be versatile and well-versed in a variety of industries and economies. Financial literacy and an ability to craft original ideas are a must, and some proven writing experience is preferred.
The role involves:
- Writing strong, original views on Asian companies, corporate finance and natural resources, setting the agenda while responding rapidly to breaking news
- Developing contacts with senior executives, policymakers and analysts
- Working closely with other Breakingviews columnists in Asia and the rest of the world to explore ideas and views with broad appeal
- Presenting ideas in fresh and interesting ways, such as developing our popular range of interactive calculators and graphics
- Promoting Breakingviews by participating in conferences, making broadcast appearances and creating a robust social media presence.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrable ability to generate agenda-setting ideas for a global financial audience
- A firm grasp of Asian companies and economies and its business and financial landscape
- Familiarity with key concepts of valuation and financial analysis
- The ability to deliver punchy, well-argued opinions to tight deadlines
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.Locations
Singapore-Singapore-Singapore-SGP-Singapore-18 Science Park