UPG Transactions Development is a sub-division of F&R Unified Platform Group which develops and supports the technical infrastructures of our key Foreign Exchange trading products. They are accountable for the operation of Execution Venues which utilize High Frequency Trading capabilities. FX Matching, the leading anonymous electronic matching service for the FX market and Electronic Trading, a comprehensive foreign exchange and money markets electronic trading, are just two examples of the award winning products developed, enhanced and maintained by innovative minds within UPG Transactions.
We continually strive to raise the bar and push the boundaries when creating new platforms and enhancing existing trading capabilities and services for our customers – this is because we realise ideas that shape our industry.
The software developer is responsible for developing high quality code, both for the UI and servers side as part of a Big Data team. Working with likeminded, skilled engineers, solving complex problems and delivering great software to support successful, award-winning products. Using Scrum, working within a cross-functional, collaborative Agile department, you’ll be working as a team to deliver working software every sprint in this fast paced environment.
For the right candidate we will provide training in BigData technologies.
• Design of software modules; implementation in Scala – Spark, Java – MapReduce v2, unit testing, integration testing, performance testing.
• Participate in code/design reviews.
• Contribute towards internal documentation.
• Handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Extensive programming experience
• Java coding experience
• Experience with high-performance and highly scalable distributed systems and multi-threaded application development.
• Solid, demonstrated experience with Linux operating systems, including Shell scripting, basic system administration
• Strong, demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills
• Strong written & verbal communication skills Desired Skills & Experience:
• Experience in building and developing large-scale applications for Big Data system. - Hadoop , Hbase , Spark ,Scala
• Experience with financial API products (such as RFA or UPA)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.