Thomson Reuters, The Answer Company, delivers truly world-changing insight based on rich content sources. This is a formidable playing field to apply the most advanced predictive analytics techniques and provide our clients with state of the art products and capabilities such as StarMine Quantitative Analytics. Working closely with product managers and the Core Analytics Platform teams, you will develop, build, improve and test financial data analysis models, practices and procedures. You will build and leverage the Core Analytics Platform in tight collaboration with lead architects and the Core Platform team to ensure that the Analytics Platform enables your team and other partners to constantly evolve our models and innovate to provide truly differentiating insight for our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop complex software components and frameworks to deliver business value and enable other software engineers to efficiently deliver business value
- Provide technical leadership for a team of engineers on a project basis and help develop more junior engineers
- Explore and implement design options that ensure business and technical requirements are met
- Define and lead overall software validation requirements and strategies ensuring software fully meets business, technical and operational requirements
- Provide technical and business guidance to teams and act as a point of contact for technical and product matters
- Assist in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments, and recommendations to business and technology leadership
- Act as point of contact or a subject matter expert for technical issues for a specific work stream within a larger project
- Provide work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks
- Ensure that the team develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines and policies
- Provide technical support to customer or operations support teams
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience - Strong working knowledge of Java
- Strong problem solving, algorithmic thinking and coding skills
- Experience in development of complex distributed, multi-tier systems
- Ability to work in highly agile team environment
- Self-driven, goal-oriented team player with good communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Big Data technologies a strong plus
- Strong working knowledge of C++ and SQL a plus
- Experience in working with financial data a plus
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization a plus
- Experience in working with HBase, Impala, Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.