Provide financial analysis, reporting, and modeling in support of the online royalties business. Collaborate with the Strategic Licensing, Product Development, Royalties, and FP&A teams to provide financial support, including profitability analytics. Responsibilities include manual royalty calculations and reporting for key vendor relationships, ownership of expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities including planning cycles, and various other ad hoc analyses.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Collaborates closely with Strategic Licensing and Product Development to drive strategy and decision support. Perform profitability analytics for new or amended licensing contracts, analyze online royalty expense trends to ensure drivers of variances are understood and communicated.
- Ownership of manual royalty calculations and reporting for key vendor relationships (i.e. RIA).
- Lead monthly reporting and analysis for FP&A, calculating expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities. Provide accurate drivers of monthly and YTD expense variances. Lead finance responsibilities for annual plan cycles and updated forecast cycles.
- Provides various ad hoc financial analyses and information for business partners.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting required
- 5+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to relate to all levels of management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Business Objects
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion is highly desired, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to drive results
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.Locations
United States of America-Minnesota-Eagan-USA-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr