The Project Manager – Reward is responsible for managing small to medium projects (6-12 month duration) with low to medium complexity and scope. In addition, the Project Manager – Reward is expected to help develop and support the governance of portfolio of projects by assisting Reward staff members with a variety of project management responsibilities. Lastly, this role will lead the coordination of Reward specific documents on various existing intranet sites (i.e. the Hub) and assist with SharePoint site oversight as needed.
The Project Manager – Reward is expected to interface with Reward staff, TR employees and external vendors during the implementation project life cycle. This includes managing projects virtually across geographies and locations, as well as managing cross-functional project teams. The Project Manager – Reward is expected to display core project management competencies such as Scope, Planning, Delivery, Risk Management and Reporting/Communications as well as provide project management guidance to non-project managers and assist with portfolio-wide insights and analysis.
This role will also provide on-going support for the overall administration of the Reward Hub sites and related communication/training channels. Additionally, this role may require operational contributions to the function-wide SharePoint repository.
Project & Portfolio Management (~70%)
- Defines, documents and executes on multiple projects of low to medium risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Responsible for producing all typical project documentation - detailed project plans, Charter, meeting agenda and notes, resource plans and status reports
- Coordinates and leads project team, senior management and stakeholder meetings
- Defines project scope and objectives. Understands scope and constraints to enable costs, time schedules and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project
- Gains commitments from stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are taken if costs, time schedules or resources deviate from agreed tolerances
- Manages the scope and change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project stakeholders and ensure full impact of significant changes are understood by project stakeholders
- Ensures project milestones and deliverables are demonstrably aligned to the customer’s expectations and requirements mapped to an agreed schedule
- Ensures all parties are aware of project scope and milestones. Highlights divergence from that scope; acts a communication liaison
- Able to manage remote client project implementations as well as having the flexibility to manage remote virtual project team members
- Assists non-project managers set up project plans and provide guidance on project management to ensure successful completion of projects
Administration & Other Support (~30%)
- Helps maintain the SharePoint document repository for all Reward documents (not only project management)
- Act as point person for Reward communication monitoring and maintenance as relates to Reward project portfolio and function-wide programs across:
- Strong project management principles and foundation using a proactive approach, with the ability to manage multiple complexities of projects across multiple project solution types
- Excellent relationship management skills for working with various internal and customer stakeholder groups across various time zones
- Diligent and thorough project management skills with an ability to track and report accurately
- Proven track-record of customer project delivery and implementation with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong communicator both verbally and orally
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to travel (minimal travel)
Experience / Education / Certifications
- Experience demonstrating project management excellence and customer focused implementations
- Experience with coordinating communication and/or training materials a plus
- Experience supporting company intranet or other communication and marketing channels a plus
- Bachelor degree with 5+ years’ experience or non bachelor degree with 7+ years’ experience
- Experience working in Human Resource preferred
CAPM/PMP certification preferred
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel for presentations, documentation, and project planning
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.