Want to work on a product that our customers rely upon daily to run their Firms? Working closely with our Business partners we are delivering a suite of functionalities to an already successful product in the marketplace. Firm Central is used by customers around the world in the global law firm marketplace. We are looking for a highly-motivated, results-driven engineer who is passionate about developing the next-generation application to transform the legal industry. Our Technology team works in an innovative, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment, building large-scale systems and solutions for attorneys and customers in the Corporate, Governance & Practice Solutions business segment. In this fun role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and testing software components to meet our customer needs. You will also interact with other developers and our business owners to ensure the software implementation meets the agreed upon specification and architecture design.
- Write and modify software, with meaningful unit, integration, functional, and end-to-end tests.
- Learn continuously, develop software using industry and company best practices. - Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate in iteration planning sessions to understand customer requirements, provide design options for coding and testing, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
- Collaborate with team members, architects, and business owners to ensure software is built to meet our customers’ needs.
- Own and produce quality work timely.
- Escalate issues or risks at iteration level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills including both oral and written proficiency (must be able to present effectively to a wide variety of audiences including development teams and partners within the business unit)
- The ability to present complex technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Experience and\or a willingness to work in a fast paced Agile software development environment.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.