Position Title: Senior Consultant, Indirect Tax - Professional Services
Location: London Docklands Technical Centre (A variable amount of travel to client site is expected (estimated at between 20%-30%).
Requisition No: JREQ087674
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with indirect tax experience to join our Professional Services team as a Senior Consultant, focusing on implementations of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination and Complaince technology solutions.
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
- Client service through regular, direct contact with clients, by email, telephone and face-to-face, throughout the entire project life cycle;
- Engage with client tax and IT professionals to understand their requirements, processes and tax policy;
- Write and maintain project documentation, e.g. business requirements, design documentation, configuration guides, project plans etc;
- Prepare and execute test scripts and test cases. Perform unit testing and quality assurance;
- Provide support to roll-out solutions to end users, including support throughout user acceptance testing and post go-live;
- Deliver both online and classroom training;
- Assist in managing project timetables, budgets and deliverables;
- Explain ONESOURCE SAP related matters to non-tax/technical team members;
- Work with partners on professional services engagements to configure and implement ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination, including integration with SAP, cross-training onto ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance;
- Engage with other teams within Thomson Reuters as appropriate to deliver end-to-end indirect tax solutions, in particular assisting sales in business development.
- Liaise with colleagues to assist with pre-sales activities e.g. assisting with software demonstrations or scoping/assessing new opportunities.
- Work with colleagues in a matrix organisation, developing key internal relationships with peers across the organisation.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have SAP background, with experience in one or more of the following areas: ABAP, FICO, SD or MM, and be skilled in troubleshooting and resolving SAP system issues;
- Project management skills and experience dealing with senior project leadership;
- An understanding of end-to-end financial processes (i.e. OTC or PTP) and systems;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and experience of working with clients and project teams;
- Experience with process analysis, design, mapping and re-engineering;
- Experience with process/software gap analysis and resolution;
- Experience creating and executing test cases and test scripts;
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with a methodical approach to work, problem solving and troubleshooting;
- Must be creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to work in a matrix environment
- Experience working with clients on similar consulting engagements;
- Experience with integrating third party enterprise tax products (e.g. ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination, ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance, Sabrix, Taxware and/or Vertex);
- Experience of scoping and managing technology implementations including work/fee estimates, solution design, deliverables;
- Previous experience of implementing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Compliance or Determination would be a real advantage;
- A working knowledge of Indirect Tax legislation, reporting requirements and processes;
- Training and coaching to more junior team members on SAP concepts and knowledge
- A degree or professional qualification in Tax or Accounting (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA);
- Project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 or PMP)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.