The Chief Strategy Officer will serve to support Thomson Reuters Tax& Accounting(TRTA) President in setting the global strategic direction of Thomson Reuters, working closely with the business unit leader and TRTA segment MD’s. The Chief Strategy Officer will have responsibility for the design and maintenance of the overall strategic planning process and its linkage to business planning. In addition, he/she will work with the President and MD’s to ensure that the strategy is translated into specific, actionable plans and will monitor progress against those plans. The Chief Strategy Officer will lead specific corporate or cross-business issues and/or growth opportunities and support the President and CFO in the assessment of investments and M&A opportunities. As the leader of the strategy function for Thomson Reuters Tax& Accounting, the Chief Strategy Officer will take primary responsibility for the overall development of talent within the strategy function in TRTA. This position will be located in Carrollton, Texas.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - In conjunction with the President, frame and articulate the company's corporate strategy to facilitate growth, productivity and organizational alignment for the Tax& Accounting business Unit of Thomson Reuters.
- Drive the TRTA portfolio evaluation' process in collaboration with the CFO; continually evaluate the potential of the company's business lines, explore strategic alternatives and allocate scarce resources accordingly.
- Identify and lead initiatives to grow revenues, including cross-business unit market opportunities and new service offerings, for the company to acquire or grow organically.
- Develop a rigorous process for evaluating strategic opportunities and risks associated with major M&A and strategic alliances.
- Be a thought-partner and resource to the strategy leaders in the business units; foster effective dialogue across geographies and between business units and ensure that each business unit's strategy is implemented within the overall context of the corporate strategic direction.
- Ensure that a robust fact-based and long-term vision around the evolution of TRTA markets and competitive landscape are developed and shared with business unit leaders.
- The ideal candidates should have a minimum of 10 years post-M.B.A. work experience including:
- 10-15 years at a blue-chip strategy consulting firm.
- Experience working in global strategy, ideally in the financial services and/or media/information services industry. This experience will be complemented with other operational roles.
- Truly global experience with a preference for having worked outside of the U.S. during the course of one’s career.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies for global organizations with experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience in communicating strategic initiatives to senior executives and at Board level.
- Track-record of successfully“acting” on strategic plans and implementing a program to drive and track results.
- Pragmatic M&A experience is helpful.
- Experience creating and leading operational improvement programs and advising on organizational design is also desired.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Strategic Thinking - He/she has an established track record of adding or creating value in a strategic context, and is a respected source of critical thinking and breakthrough ideas.
- Able to step back from day-to-day activities to view the business from a different perspective and see the bigger picture; uses facts(e.g., information, trends, needs) to support observations and relies on extensive analysis/modeling/valuation and interpretation before making a decision.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; makes decisions thoughtfully, despite the complexity of the issues or the pressure involved. Collaborating and Influencing
- Strong written and oral communication skills. He/she will be able to articulate views crisply and convincingly and adapt style, so as to have the greatest impact on a given audience.
- Can create ownership and commitment through influence.
- Projects himself/herself to others through actions, manner, posture and presence, to create a favorable impression of personal credibility, professionalism and integrity.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America