You can be part of developing and launching new services that power innovation and make a difference in the legal community. Use adaptive frameworks tailored to anticipate the needs of dynamic and evolving markets. Guide and grow skills for yourself and others you lead while building flexible products that exceed customer expectations.
Lead Software Engineers are responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of optimally engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet business needs. You provide technical leadership for engineers on projects and teams. Productivity, Research & Litigation Solutions (PRLS): Develop and deliver technology solutions for the legal community. These technology solutions are focused on creating products that enable our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their complex workflows.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Server based development using Web Services and other XML based technologies - Implement OO designs using Design Patterns in presentation and business tiers
- Test driven development - Develop within a highly scalable distributed multi-tiered system - Collaborate with architects and software engineers and mentor others
- Use agile techniques and practices with an efficient SDLC
- Provide technical leadership and oversight, and lead design sessions with team members to define and analyze development requirements, provide design options, and break down work estimates into components
- Identify and implement short-term and long-term solution options, with risk assessments and recommendations to business and technology leadership
- Improve the quality of development in the organizations and promote development best practices, under the discretion of management
- Provide technical input/feedback on performance and skills, and may lead performance and talent management for team with management guidance Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Good collaborative problem-solving capabilities
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills including both oral and written proficiency
- Ability to present complex technical topics effectively to be understood by a wide variety of audiences including development teams and business partners
- Experience with .NET and object-oriented analysis and design principles
- Understanding of the short term and long term impact of decisions within the broader scope, especially with respect to technical matters
- Solid to expert experience level in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software development tools
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Computer science degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.