We are seeking a Counsel, Global Technology & Sourcing, whose primary responsibility will be to support the Technology and Sourcing organizations with the drafting, review and negotiation of a variety of complex, global commercial agreements, primarily with third party telecommunications suppliers, but also including suppliers of software, hardware, IT/consulting services, and outsourcing services. In addition, a substantial part of the role will be to support the management of the company’s telecommunications licenses and compliance with certain related regulatory requirements. The position will be based in Singapore.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex, global commercial telecommunications agreements, as well as software licenses, software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), professional services, statements of work, service and maintenance schedules, NDAs, data protection agreements and related project documentation
- Support the management of the regulatory licensing application process across multiple jurisdictions and act as a key point of contact for the relevant business in scope for related regulatory and compliance matters
- Develop, maintain and update relevant regulatory policies, processes and procedures. Ensure and enforce compliance with all aspects of these policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure regulatory obligations such as regulatory filings and reporting, both standard and ad hoc are made in a correct and timely fashion
- Oversee the planning and preparation of regulatory reviews and audits (both internal and external) reviewing and approving documentation gathered to respond to compliance and regulatory inquiries
- Provide legal advice to members of the Technology and Sourcing organizations related to complex, global commercial agreements
- Coordinate with various specialists and business unit lawyers throughout the Legal Department on advice and project inputs
- Assist with project management of certain commercial projects
- Assist with compliance and risk management initiatives and dispute resolution, including software audit and ISO27001 certification
- Periodically train personnel who work on Technology and Sourcing projects - Assist with the drafting and updating of various forms, templates, playbooks and guidelines maintained by the Legal Department for the Technology and Sourcing organizations
- Manage and oversee certain legal matters handled by outside counsel
- Stay up-to-date on applicable legal issues, trends and developments
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree (with Honors, ideally no less than Second Upper) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant post qualification experience (law firm or in-house)
- Active, good standing admission or practice certificate Required Skills
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Proactive approach, with the ability to think strategically and creatively in identifying and resolving legal issues
- Ability to successfully balance the company’s commercial interests and objectives with identified legal and business risks
- Ability to work well as a cross-functional team member and build rapport and trust with both internal customers and external suppliers
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, prioritize deadlines and projects effectively and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility, versatility and ability to adapt to changing business priorities and strategies
- Good understanding of technology, including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and data center operations
- Good understanding of privacy, information security and intellectual property issues that relate to Technology and Sourcing agreements
- Experience with Ariba Contracts and Authoring a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.