WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
Manager, Tax Research & Content
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The Manager of Tax Research and Content is responsible for overseeing the research and continuous maintenance of EMEA Indirect Tax content. The job will include overseeing the management of rates, rules and calculations in ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination. The Tax Manager is responsible for ensuring that all tax rates, product rules, and tax calculations provided to customers are accurate, complete, and timely on a monthly basis.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Manage a team of indirect tax specialists who research and document laws imposing indirect taxes in the EMEA region
- Final review of the rates, taxability and tax research as performed by the team, as well as system entry in ONESOURCE Determination.
- Monitor laws, legislative activity, and tax publications for tax law changes and assess the impact of those changes on ONESOURCE products.
- Manage appropriate documentation to support tax position for various products and services.
- Document cross-border tax determination logic to law; identify tax issues that impact Determination; and manage or perform special projects as required.
- Provide recommendations on a wide variety of tax issues and communicate them in an understandable manner to non-tax professionals.
- Responsible for hiring of legal and tax analysts, including coaching, evaluating, counseling and delivering performance reviews.
- Communicate tax requirements to technical resources and facilitate software updates/enhancements required for accurate tax calculations.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Ability to quickly identify customer specific tax requirements and provide solutions.
- Expertise with tax laws governing Indirect Tax.
- Superior communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Superior writing skills; the ability to write white papers on tax topics for internal or external publications.
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines.
- Previous experience in a tax practice within a professional services firm, industry, government agency and/or law firm.
- Ability to utilize online research tools (e.g. Checkpoint, Westlaw, Lexis-Nexis).
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to be a self-starter; and ability to interact successfully with various tax authorities.
- Software systems: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, taxation or related field or equivalent experience.
- An advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable.
- 5 plus years of progressive indirect tax experience.
- Experience with ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination (formerly Sabrix Solution) or other transaction tax system, a plus.
- Indirect tax compliance and audit experience, a plus.
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.