Director of Marketing Insight
Thomson Reuters Legal is on a mission to create a world-class B2B marketing organization. We have an exciting new opportunity available for the right candidate in our recently created and growing Central Marketing organization. First and foremost, the right candidate is a strong leader able to drive strategic change through data-driven insights, and build a data-driven decision-making marketing culture and discipline across all of our operating units
This Director, Marketing Insight role will be responsible for developing and moving forward the Digital and Demand Generation marketing analytics vision, strategies and priorities that are needed to drive transformational change and business improvement across Legal. This role will be responsible for running a marketing insight team of digital and data analysts, but will also need to work across Thomson Reuters business units to align, coordinate, deliver and influence data-driven marketing and marketing effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will be equally strong in technical skills and leadership skills. In particular, this includes data accuracy and integrity, digital marketing reporting, translating data into insights and actions, strategic marketing, relationship building, influence, and impact.
This position will report to the VP, Central Marketing.
- Data management: Ensure the accuracy and integrity of digital, demand generation and customer data, working in partnership with central data teams and Legal business units. Identify and implement processes to standardize data and results across the enterprise. Identify and drive prompt resolution of data discrepancies that result from working in a complex, matrix organization.
- Results reporting: Serve as the source of truth for demand generation and marketing effectiveness reporting, validating work of the marketing insight team and delivering results reporting with primary takeaways and recommended actions. Work closely with Finance stakeholders to ensure reporting accuracy and alignment with other results.
- Digital and demand generation analysis: Oversee a team of digital and data analysts producing reports and dashboards to track website and other digital performance, demand generation funnel reporting, campaign reporting, and other success indicators for demand generation and marketing effectiveness.
- Data-driven marketing: Lead strategic discussions and recommendations driven by review of data analysis, identification of insights, and translation of insights into meaningful action. Identify and implement new analysis as needed.
- Web testing and optimization: Lead strategic recommendations and manage implementation of online (web) testing and personalized customer experiences using Adobe Target. Roll out and reinforce a testing discipline across online and offline channels, and across Legal business units. Maintain a best practices library to extend learnings across the enterprise, and continue to improve performance.
- Demand generation optimization: Identify gaps in operational processes, for instance the marketing to sales lead hand-off process, and work with Legal Marketing and Sales teams to improve process and results. Provide ad hoc analysis as needed to support this change.
- Stakeholder relationship management: Manage analytics relationships with Legal business units, working directly with senior leadership on opportunities and improvement areas that need to be prioritized based on data analysis. Lead onboarding of new Legal business units to the Demand Center marketing insight team model.
- Team management: Manage direct, contractor and external consulting resources, and collaborate cross-functionally with internal data and global demand generation teams to achieve collective marketing insight goals. Ensure digital and data analyst team has proper technical training to succeed in their responsibilities.
- Change management: Actively participate in strategic marketing operations discussions, identifying and implementing processes to enable reporting that aligns with enhanced approaches to demand gen. Lead marketing insight team to be change agents with Legal operating units, leveraging best practices in change management for greater and quicker adoption to maximize impact.
- Industry expertise: Evaluate reporting tools and capabilities to identify and implement improvements. Stay current with client and industry knowledge, benchmarks and best practices.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing trends, best practices, and measurement.
- 5+ years in demand generation measurement or at a minimum, 5+ years managing a marketing analytics or marketing insight team.
- Proven experience leveraging data-insights to drive strategy and organizational change.
- Experience working in a complex, matrix organization. Ability to handle complex projects and system integrations, and identify simple solutions.
- Experience or familiarity with Adobe Analytics, Salesforce, Eloqua, or similar tools. Ability to roll up sleeves when necessary to manage the team, as well as identify higher-level vision, strategies, and insights.
- Strong communication, presentation, and influencers skills; must be able to listen and understand questions and develop and deliver clear insights to various roles and cross-functional teams. Proven success influencing behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred). Degree in data science, business, marketing or related field.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America