Thomson Reuters seeks a Vice President, Business Communications for its Tax & Accounting business. Part of the company's Communications function, the role will be located in Carrollton, TX. This position will report to the SVP, Business Communications.
The Vice President, Tax & Accounting Business Communications will support the President of Tax & Accounting in developing and managing all communications programs for the Tax & Accounting business - including those for external, internal, industry and other stakeholder groups globally, regionally and domestically - as well as support cross-business group initiatives. Working closely with the SVP, Business Communications and counterparts in other Reuters business units and corporate functions, the Vice President, Tax & Accounting Business Communications will ensure the Tax & Accounting communications are aligned with Thomson Reuters overall messaging in ways that advance the strategic priorities for both individual business units and enterprise-wide initiatives.
Business Partner and Strategic Planning
- Develop communications strategies, programs and plans in partnership with the BU comms Ops practice areas and Tax & Accounting Marketing to accelerate awareness, understanding, belief and actions by employees that reflect both the Tax & Accounting business and Thomson Reuters corporate priorities.
- Advise and support senior leadership for external and internal communications programs and initiatives; provide consulting, implementation and overall communications support to business partners, and manage stakeholders accordingly.
- Represent the interests of customers and Tax & Accounting leaders with corporate and business counterparts.
- Coordinate Tax & Accounting business communications with Corporate, go-to-market and proposition marketing teams to avoid duplication and inconsistent messaging.
- Understand the Thomson Reuters story and embed it within the themes of Tax & Accounting business communications.
- Partner with the Business Communications Planning and Operations (BCPO) team to implement and oversee appropriate channels for external and internal communications to deliver messages efficiently and seamlessly; coordinate planning and execution with Tax & Accounting Marketing teams for consistency and to maximize impact.
- Ensure that all key messages internally and externally are coordinated and communicated consistently and appropriately throughout the year; refine as necessary based on stakeholder feedback.
- Drive execution and coordination across all external and internal channels, including social media, events, digital communications, award submissions and others.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications, Enterprise Messaging, Global Brand Marketing and fellow Business Communications colleagues to make sure all groups are aligned when dealing with external audiences, enterprise storylines and opportunities.
- Develop a strong partnership with Corporate Communications to represent and defend Thomson Reuters reputation.
- Coordinate with Investor Relations on critical business initiatives and wins that can enhance Thomson Reuters standing with investors and business partners.
- Partner with counterparts in Corporate Communications, Enterprise Messaging and other Communications & Brand Marketing teams to develop internal communication strategies that enhance employee engagement and understanding of the Thomson Reuters story.
- Partner with the BCPO team to help create and manage overall communications planning processes and serve as a key interface for aligning Tax & Accounting storylines, messages and communications across channels.
- Lead communication professionals in formal, informal and virtual teams and demonstrate the value of working together to meet common business goals.
- Clearly define communications requirements so that the BCPO team can develop common comprehensive communication projects in support of key business strategies, from identifying initial business objectives and creating strategic plans to directing development of relevant editorial content that promotes key business unit themes and drives behavioral change.
Measurement and Monitoring
- Partner with the BCPO team to define and develop meaningful metrics to demonstrate impact of communications to the Thomson Reuters Excom.
- Manage all budgets responsibly and work with the team to meet all budget challenges.
Preferred Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor degree or commensurate experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience in external and internal communications; public relations experience preferred
- Strategic thinker who understands commercial business priorities and builds successful external and internal communications programs that achieve them.
- Knowledge of Tax & Accounting and adjacent industries or willingness to develop deep expertise regarding the Tax & Accounting business’s customers, issues and opportunities. - Strong analytic and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present to and influence leadership team and other stakeholders
- Strong leadership and team management abilities; ability to create high-performing, collaborative, innovative and trusting teams in fast-paced environments
- Sound judgment and ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential issues
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America