Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Establish an area of expertise and excellence in datafeeds and data control, while offering positive and proactive consultancy to our internal and external Clients on all compliance issues.
- Work with local/national units and management to identify clients for review. Plan and conduct compliance reviews ensuring the relevant client operations, systems and products environment and related business objectives are understood. Report on results of compliance reviews and audits
- Review and analyze new business principles affecting compliance issues.
- Establish an area of expertise in usage rights defined within the Thomson Reuters Master Agreements, clearly being able to apply those rights to Individual, Enterprise and Redistribution usage within different scenarios.
Relationships: Internal / External
- Maintain autonomy to the Business at all times.
- Ensure our Clients adhere to Thomson Reuter business principles.
- Ensure the business closes any compliance exposure by implementing the correct license and exchange permissioning.
- Advise the client on DACS best practice permissioning to minimize any potential exposure to either Thomson Reuters or 3rd Party licensing.
Scope and Impact:
- All clients within assigned region i.e. EMEA, Americas or Asia.
- Global as required.
- Written Communication
- Collaborating across Boundaries
- Driving Results
- Focusing on Customers
- Inspiring Others
- Analytical Thinking
- Inquisitive mindset – “but why?”
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry including key organization user types and process flow between front, mid and back office.
- An understanding of the exchanges, how they operate, how they license the use of their data and where customers can fall foul of their terms of business.
- Experience of working for or with an Exchange in the past a distinct advantage.
- An understanding of Thomson Reuters product line, infrastructure and associated control systems, including sales practices, product pricing, customer administration and sales systems / processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to confidently making a case from a compliance perspective, and communicating internally and externally to ensure this perspective has credibility and acted upon.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to link seemingly unrelated subjects in order to draw compliance conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while managing a large number of stakeholders with differing priorities.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills: Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Communicates appropriately and effectively with team members and contacts, in and outside the company.
- Markets Data experience
- Analytical and Diligent experience
- Should have a proven track record of client exposure / engagement
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Educated to a Degree level (MBA an advantage); or, equivalent experience
- Audit qualifications an advantage
- Additional languages than English, German would be specifically advantageous
- Audit Experience with other vendors or exchanges
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America