You as a Front end/UX Developer will be primarily responsible for crafting a user experience and building an engaging user interface for our customer facing applications. You should have a real passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials. You will be expected to prototype quickly and devote to production-level code as needed. You will be a part of the Org ID team which brings financial institutions and the clients (Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Corporations, and Correspondent Banks) together by enabling provision of Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements in one easy, managed service environment. The service provides real-time “KYC passport” for the clients of financial institutions that are required to supply corporate identity documentation in response to increasingly strict anti-money laundering regulations.
- Design, develop, and execute usability testing plans; familiarity with different tools and testing methods is a plus.
- Build, evaluate, and modify high and low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes to support the software development process.
- Ability to learn and evaluate new tools, concepts, and challenges quickly.
- Up-to-date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience with UX and Responsive Design - Experience with Git and GitHub
- Understanding of responsive web design and user-centered design practices.
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors: Less, Sass, Stylus, or Rework
Nice to have
- GitHub portfolio
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.