We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Elektron connects and powers the world’s financial markets. Elektron is a suite of data and trading propositions, including low latency feeds along with the analytics, enterprise platform and transactional connectivity to support any workflow application.
We're looking for a talented lead software developer to work as part of the Elektron Development team. As a Lead Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for leading a small team of developers in the analysis, definition, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of the products the team owns. You’ll work closely with Architecture and QA teams to deliver to the high standard that our customers expect. You will also mentor junior team members, working alongside the team management to help further enhance the skills and capabilities of the team.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Take the lead in the day to day design, code, build and test sprints and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code based on requirements or User Stories
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements. - Positively engage with the QA team to ensure that code is developed to a high quality
- Lead the detailed software designs, partnering with Architects.
- Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Create, review, and maintain all required technical reference material to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Review work of peers and more junior developers.
- Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work. - Lead team and status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of team responsibilities within projects to supervisor
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of successfully leading a development team to deliver high quality software capabilities to agreed deadlines.
– Experienced with Linux Operating System, scripting and tooling.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming - Experience of Cloud Technologies, preferably AWS.
- Experience with continuous build and integration.
- Experience of using common design patterns - Experience of unit testing
- Knowledge of databases and SQL - Understanding of security implications and secure coding - Understanding of HTML, JSON and XML
- Self-starter - does what it takes to get the job done - Superb communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient using source code management tools such as Git. - Experienced in a formal agile software development lifecycle - Strong, demonstrated analytical troubleshooting skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- AWS Certification.
- Experience of RESTful API development
- Experience with web technologies such as AngularJS, Google Material, Bootstrap, JQuery and CSS
- Experience with Test Driven Development and / or Behavior Driven Development
- Experience of Real Time multithreaded software development.
- Extensive computer software industry experience in real-time, multi-threaded systems, with an emphasis on technical analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge and experience in real-time C/C++ programming
- Financial industry experience.
- A relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
- Oracle Java certification is desirable but not required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.